Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Bucks County, PA

Hello from Bucks County, PA

Hi fellow quilters!
    I'm from Levittown, PA. I discovered quilting just over 3 years ago and went head over heals when I reconnected with a dear high school friend and family to learn they all quilted and would teach me. I have an electronic Pfaff from the early 1980s, but my more recent Craigslist finds have become my new best friends. I found a Pfaff Grand Quilter with Inspira Frame (short arm) and a Singer featherweight. (I also found a Singer treadle that I picked up cheap, but that will be a future project to see if I can make it work).

My 2 children are grown and Im thrilled to have found this passion. Working full-time, having ill family members, and the occasional college course have kept me quilting at a slower pace than Id like, but Im loving every minute of it!!!

My first quilt was a king size that I hand quilted for my daughters wedding gift. Every step was so fun from picking the fabrics (visited every quilt shop I could find because I needed a large assortment of black prints that had touches of other colors) to visiting with my friends and quilting together, to shopping for gadgets to seeing the finished quilt come together (finally!). There are so many interesting facets to this hobby, so much rich history!

I got to the Kutztown Folk Festival this past summer and was amazed to see all the hand quilting. My fav trip though was when my friends, took me to New Hampshire and I got to visit Keepsake Quilting, during a 20% off sale no less! Im having an absolute blast!

More recently I started dabbling in free-motion quilting and learning turn-under appliqu. So loving the help Im finding via YouTube Videos and these forums. Here is a favorite find I found here that was a lifesaver helping me complete my first mitered borders last night: MITERING YOUR BORDERS.....The Easy Way (video!) Thanks everyone for sharing in this forum (and for reading my lengthy post)!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Louisiana.....Thanks for sharing you quilting journey!

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome from the suburbs of Chicago! Good to have you here with us.

Blog Entries
    Hi Jen and welcome to the board from Southern California! So great to her the enthusiasm in your voice when talking about your quilting adventure!! This is a great forum for help, encouragement, and inspiration!

Blog Entries
    Hi Jen, welcome from NE Ohio.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

HI Jen! Seems like you jumped into the world of quilting with both feet! Congrats! What fun! And a big welcome from Washington!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Hello Jen, welcome from northern California! You will enjoy it here!
    Janet L52

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio!
    SueDor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast