Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow quilters!!

Blog Entries
    Hi! My name is Sheila. I made my first quilt in 1983. I have sewn and quilted off and on for years but I am certainly not advanced. Most likely early intermediate. I LOVE fabric and collect tons of it. I spend a fair amount of time in my studio looking at the fabric and patterns...planning... but then I get busy with other stuff.

One of my favorite quilt designers is Kim Diehl. I also enjoy Sue Spargo and Pat Sloan. I guess I am eccletic.

Last year I tried my hand at selling quilting supplies at quilt shows around the country. I went to 6 shows between March and August. I loved my inventory (very colorful, whimsy and fun, as well as some country fabrics) and even more I loved all of the fantastic quilters I met. Business was getting better but then I developed a medical condition. I can't travel like that any more. Now I am working from home, making beautiful things and I plan to go to 2-3 craft shows a year and sell on-line on ETSY.

BUT, I have all of this inventory from my business. I can't decide whether to open a super discounted on-line store until the inventory is gone or try to sell it in bulk to another vendor, shop owner, collective... Any ideas?

Very nice to meet you. Sorry to hear that you can't sell you things anymore. Hope the health issues are too bad. I live in AZ and am working on designs to sell on Etsy also. Good luck, and I think you'll love it here!

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I used to buy patterns from LizzieBCr8tive. One of the partners lives in Phoenix.

What kinds of things are you thinking of for ETSY?

I just put some books on line there from my inventory. I am having some struggles getting the pixels right on the photos.

While and in addition to selling my inventory, I just want to create and then sell. I don't do as well when I have to make myself sew something. If I picked the project because I like it - things so so much smoothly for me. How about you?

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Virginia

Hello and welcome from Germany!

Welcome from Ireland

Blog Entries
    Hello from Western Maryland !!

welcome!

pab

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome to the board from Florida. psb

Welcome from Michigan!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast