Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from IL

Hi, I have never quilted but want to start. I have no idea where to begin though. Thought I would poke around on here and see if any I can find where to begin. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks

Angela

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome!!! Have you looked through the tutorial section??? ShellyQ has some wonderful tutorials for beginners, and there are some others there too that are wonderfully illustrated. And please feel free to ask questions about any aspect of quilting!!! There are a lot of knowledgable and experienced quilters here who love to help :D :D :D

Welcome from Roscoe IL. Where are you? Eleanor Burns has wonderful books and the tutorials here are great.

I'm from Stronghurst IL. I'll be sure to check out the tutorials. Thanks guys.

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. There's lots of friendly, talented people on board who will help in any way they can, just ask.

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!

Blog Entries
    Hi Angela, and Welcome from SW Michigan!!! :D
    Check out the 'main' pages and the 'tutorials' for hints, or just ask questions!! You've come to the right place! :-) :-)

Blog Entries
    Hi and Welcome from NOrthern Indiana ! Whatever questions you have just ask, so many wonderful talented people they can help you in any way :lol: Have you thought about what type of quilting you want to try ? I would suggest start small and simple so you don't get overwhelmed and give up. Just my two cents worth
    Sharon

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! Don't know what is available in your area, but look for a local quilt shop (LQS) and see when they are offering beginning classes, or check to see if the commmunity college has classes. Look in the library for information also! Check to see if there is a guild in the area for more one on one help.
    Then, be sure to ask lots of questions! :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast