Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
HeLlo from Ohio >

HeLlo from Ohio

HeLlo from Ohio

Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM

Default HeLlo from Ohio

Well, I thought I did this, but I must not have got it to go through, so I'll try again.

My name is Kim, I am 43 with 3 grown children (yeeaaahhh) I was in a near fatal car accident back in 2004 ( Some woman thought putting on lipstick was more important that paying attention to the road while speeding at 60mph through a red light and into me) This accident left me with many injuries that due to a severe metal allergy, cannot be fixed. Outwardly I look fine, but it's an illusion. But it has allowed me to find things I enjoy doing that I may not have discovered for many many years ( embroidery, quilting, photography, and cruising). I'm currently working on a braid quilt for my aunt. She always jokes about our family being crazy and diverse like a box of crayons and how she hold the box. I'm doing it in multi colors ( like crayons) and on the backing there will be special secret messages to her from me, poems about crayons and about aunts, as well as special things she has said, things she has done to touch my life, and signatures of the family. She's been through a lot health and financially so I'm hoping this shows her the love I have for her because of the love she has for us. I'm not a pro or even intermediate sewer so I'm using the pattern I saw here and taking special care and time. I'm putting a link below of the color pattern ive chosen. It will have two of these runs in each panel, separated by a large block with a letter embroidered on it, there will be 5 panels total ( so the large blocks will spell her name) and there will be a thick black border around each panel, then a thinner multicolor border with black binding. The back will be white blocks with the poems and such on them. I'm planning on hand quilting following the lines of the braids and borders, just simple criss cross like stitches ( stitches to hold our family together). Since I'm new to all of this, I appreciate tips and suggestions.

http://m452.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/maume3/quilts/317dded0.jpg.html?src=www&action=view&current=317dded0.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-16-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: tried to make link active
Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Power Poster

Hi from Ohio! Your braid is really pretty. Don't forget to send in a picture when its done.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
Old 02-16-2012, 04:56 AM

Welcome fellow Ohioian
Old 02-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 AM

Welcome from NE Ohio, glad you joined us.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 AM

Hi Kim, welcome from Lebanon Oregon!!! I love your braid, I have never tried one, but may have to after seeing yours, love it!! :^) Martha
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 AM

Hi...and welcome. Nice work on the braid! Aren't we all from a box of crayons...that makes life so interesting...and as hard as I try to keep my crayons from breaking they still end up that way! LOL...
Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 AM

Hi Kim and welcome. I just finished a quilt for my dear Aunt and wrote below for the label. Sounds like yours is heartfelt too! Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Sounds wonderful.

This quilt is passed from my hands to yours
It’s a piece of my heart, sewn with gratitude.
For the love and kindness you have shown
To your sister, our family, and my mom.
May it return to you
All the love and care we have known.

Made for Dear Aunt Peggy
With love from Christine and Linda
February 2012
Old 02-16-2012, 07:03 AM

welcome from se TX