Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Peoria, Arizona

Junior Member QuiltedCritterLady's Avatar
    Hi, I am a new quilter. My recently unemployed status left me with a lot of time, and so, I decided that it would be fun to make quilts for my family for Christmas. My only experience was that I had started one years ago under the direction of a friend, but I never finished it. I am currently working on my fourth Christmas quilt and I am having a wonderful time. I have learned a LOT by teaching myself, reading books, and I finally took a quilting class at JoAnn's. I am ready to connect with some other quilters and learn some of the short-cuts. I also now understand the expression on the lady's face when I showed up at a quilt shop seeking fabric, and explained that even though I had no experience, I was going to make quilts for this holiday season. :lol:

Welcome from Ireland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltedCritterLady
    Hi, I am a new quilter. My recently unemployed status left me with a lot of time, and so, I decided that it would be fun to make quilts for my family for Christmas. My only experience was that I had started one years ago under the direction of a friend, but I never finished it. I am currently working on my fourth Christmas quilt and I am having a wonderful time. I have learned a LOT by teaching myself, reading books, and I finally took a quilting class at JoAnn's. I am ready to connect with some other quilters and learn some of the short-cuts. I also now understand the expression on the lady's face when I showed up at a quilt shop seeking fabric, and explained that even though I had no experience, I was going to make quilts for this holiday season. :lol:
    Welcome from Alabama, Heart of Dixie! You are really making progress! Did you find the class at JoAnn's to be worthwhile? I've thought about going there myself, but didn't know if they were worth the $$ or not. Welcome again! :)

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa. How wonderful that you just dove right and made quilts. These will be incredibly treasured by the recipients. Thanks for sharing.

Junior Member QuiltedCritterLady's Avatar
    Hi,
    Yes, but the class was actually sponsored by Viking Sewing Machines, and located within the JoAnn store. My instructor was delightful and very knowledgeable - just what you want in an instructor. I chose that class because it had a little of everything, including applique. It was perfect for me at where I am in my learning.
    Thanks for the welcome!

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    Welcome from Oklahoma!

Hello and welcome from northern California!

Welcome from Chandler, AZ!!

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast