Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from southwestern Virginia

Hello from southwestern Virginia

Hi everyone! I'm excited to get to know this forum and read the wealth of information on here. I come from a long line of very creative and crafty people. It's in my blood! I love to create things. I have made a few small quilts in my lifetime, but want to start making more. I'm hoping to learn all the ins and outs of quilting. I'm getting started by making a very simple quilt for a dear friend who recently lost a newborn baby. I've collected fabrics from our group of friends and plan to make a simple plain block quilt. I also look forward to plans of different quilt projects with my mother. I like to hand applique and hand embroider. I've participated in several group quilts where, although I didn't sew together the final quilt, I've made blocks to contribute to the quilt.

I'm a stay at home mom and have six children ranging in age from 14 years to 19 months. We also homeschool, so they are home with me all day and we are on the go a lot to various activities. I still want to fit time in for quilting.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!
    Last edited by eclecticmama; 04-15-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board. You will find much help and inspiration here.

Most of my family is in Southwestern Virginia, too. I think that area is among the prettiest places on earth.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome from British Columbia, Canada. Enjoy your time quilting!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY

Howdy from NE Oklahoma, America's crossroad - old Route 66! Native Texan by the grace of God but have lived in Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, lovely Alabama & the Amish district in western Pennsylvania & had fun everywhere we went. I began sewing at 33 when our son was born & got sticker shock from the nursery linen costs & mom gave me an old machine, been sewing since. Started quilting in Nov 2011 when I received a charm pack gift, now I'm hooked. After completing a "Learning Quilt", 5" squares with sashing & hand quilting it, I began to quilt specifically for the house. Then our Bible Study teacher wanted a quilt, so there was no turning back! Finished my first pieced sampler but need to improve a lot! A friend wants me to learn applique which scares me so I took a class Easter week & look forward to "curves" (but please pray for me - I detest wasting fabric). Math teacher & a "linear" person here.
    I joined QB a few months ago & cannot express well enough how much I've learned from the wonderful QB folks. Their ideas & finished quilts inspire me, surely at least 20 of them know how to fix my mistakes!

My current projects: yo-yo twin, 2 PSQs king & queen, Jenny Beyer's Moon Glow Cal King, and about 6 others as well as collecting silk for an international friendship twin quilt sometime soon I hope.
    djmat

Hello and welcome from northern California!
    Janet L52

Welcome from S CA!!!!

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio! Sounds like your really busy with 6 kids.
    SueDor

Welcome from Adrian, MI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast