Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Stiles, WI

located between Oconto & Oconto Falls, about 30 miles north of Green Bay. I chose my user name,DustKitties, as a spin on dust bunnies. I started quilting about 2 yrs ago, just after retiring, and am new to this forum. My house was cleaner when I worked full time! I belong to one quilting group, Wannabe Quilters in Oconto WI. I just joined a quilt guild, Northwoods Quilters in Marinette WI. I'm intentionally building my stash of fabrics and unintentionally building UFOs/WIP (Works In Progress - acromyn is gentlier on the soul). I just can't deny myself the opportunity of attending another quilt class, afraid I'll miss out on learning a new pattern or technique. I was warned this hobby would be addicting but my family is reaping the benefits. One of these days I will make a quilt for myself.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    welcome from south louisiana dustkitty. love your name. i am new to quilting also and yes it is addicting. right now i seem to build my stash more than make a quilt.

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Welcome from Colorado, Dustkitty. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll actually make something for myself, too. :roll:

You'll love it here on the board. Post pictures when you can -- we love them.

Hi Dust Kitties! We are neighbors! I live in Menominee, and I can see Quilter's Haven from my bedroom window! (Awesome for me, not so awesome for DH. LOL!)

I have little kids and too much stuff going on, but someday I will join Northwoods Quilters. I have been to one meeting so far- one where Laurie Ceesay had a trunk show. Not sure of the spelling on her name, but she is amazing!! I am a big fan of hers.

(For the rest of you, Laurie is an art quilter who also makes clothing and just anything. She has a degree in some sort of design or art field, not sure what exactly, but she is GOOD! She has won some national contests and awards and is a bit of a minor celebrity around here. She uses lots of bright colors and so those of you who are familiar with my style will know why I love her work right there.)

DK- this board is great- but addicting. Just keep letting the housework slide and you will still have time to quilt. LOL! Welcome aboard!

Oh! And we love pics! :-)

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Ireland dustkitties. Lacemakers always reckon that dust is furniture's protective covering, as they are too busy to do any dusting too.
    I think making lace takes EVEN longer than making quilts.

Hafa Adai and welcome from Guam!

welcome, Dustkitties, from HOT, Florida! :lol:

Welcome from Ninnie in NC!

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast