Hello!

Old 07-29-2007, 10:38 PM

Hi everyone! I have been cruising this site for quite awhile and decided to go ahead and join. I admire the quilters at this site, everyone is helpful and at times, pretty darn funny!

Anyway, I am glad to be here!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 AM

Hey,,,,,,And welcome. Tell us alittle about your self. Do you quilt? Whats your favorite kind of quilting? What do you enjoy the most? What part of the country are you from. None of it matters, other then we are glad your here and hope you'll see what a ocean of information this site has, As well as what precious people are here.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 AM

Welcome Podja, not to toot any horns but we are the best site around. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and yes we can be funny. Always a lot of giggle when watching the antics of PatriceJ and Tim

We have a great BOM you do whatever ones you want. Its a great learning experience or good to brush up on some skills. 1 Rule and its a biggy HAVE FUN

Before you know it you'll be addicted like the rest of us. Enjoy hope to see you alot
Old 07-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Hey There Podja! Glad you chose to join us here! Grab your needle and your thread, a cup of coffee and we will spend some time together here on the best dang board in town.You'll find facts and fun,and photos a plenty. Now don't be shy...pop in and drop a line anytime. :D
Old 07-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi again everyone! Boy what a really nice welcome!

I LOVE to quilt! I have been quilting for about 10 years and I cannot pass up a quilt shop without stopping in and buying just a "little" fabric to add to my stash! I finally have a room to turn into a fabric storage place, and gather up all the fabric I have hidden in closets, under the bed, etc and bring them into the light! So far my DH hasn't told me I have too much fabric, he wouldn't DARE!
I absolutely love patchwork, but I have been thinking of branching out to try other things. I have advertized and have received business to make quilts for people that want them. I have been told I do not charge enough, but, I really don't have any idea what to charge, and I am a real sucker for a sob story.
At this moment I am working on a T-Shirt quilt for a customer. I have the squares with sashing sewn together, I just have to add two outside borders, sandwich, and quilt.
I am also sewing a baby quilt for a friend of my mother. My mother lives in California by herself, she just turned a young 70, but she doesn't drive, so her friend comes by her apartment often to check on her and see if she needs anything. Her friend, Sue, has a daughter that just found out she is pregnant, so I am making the quilt as a thank you for all she has done for my mom. She doesn't know about it and won't until she receives it.
I am using the Peek-a-Boo fabric line. I love the bright colors and the panel of the babies faces! I bought extra fabric that doesn't look babyish to make another quilt for my granddaughter's bed. The colors are so bright and all are different, so I think she will like it! If not, well, I sure like it and would keep it for myself! Yup, even though I am 49, I still refuse to grow up!
I am from central Texas. Killeen, next to Fort Hood Army Installation. My husband is retired, after serving 24 years.
My 21 year old son, joined the Army 1 year ago and is stationed at Fort Riley, KS.
I have 5 in all, 3 daughters, 2 sons, 9 grandchildren. (I think they took serious the phrase "go out and be fruitfull") that is fine with me, I love each and everyone of them!

Okey dokey now! Part of my life history is all yours! Now tell me about all of you!

Patty
Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM

Wow! How great! You are certainly keeping busy! Navy brat here. Currently in Oregon. Have been busy putting a sewing room together, and working on quilts as well. Love traditional and applique the most, but truly. if it is a quilt...I love it. :D Nice surprise you are planning too. You can find out more on our quilt board members by checking out the Profile page and also doing a searchfor Know my fellow quilters. Glad you signed on. Ain't it great being 49?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Well I have two childern and a niece I raised between the 3 I have 9 grandchildern My oldest daughter definately took to heart the phrase
"go out and be fruitfull" she has 4 sons and 2 daughters my son has 1 for now and niece has 2. They keep me very busy plus have my Dad . I startred quilting a tear ago to help with my rehab after surgery.
I also refuse to grow up and oh how nice it would be to be 49 again
Old 06-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Welcome from San Antonio! And, please thank your husband for serving for so long for us.

I have one son in the Air Force, a brother in the Army, and several vets around our house. So, we do appreciate what you guys went through.

This board is really great - I learn things all of the time from reading the posts.

Might get up that way in a few months (may be going to Ft. Worth) and if so will try to get in touch with you for lunch or show and tell or fabric swap or something.

Thanks for joining us!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:54 AM

Just like to say WELCOME to all the new members. I am busy quilting at the moment. Making a king size quilt for my daughter. I don't get to be on site as much as I would like but do try to get a few moments every day, and put my twopennyworth in. I live in England and have been a quilter for about six years.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:24 AM

Hi from Mass