Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from TN

Hello from TN

Hello! My name is Farah and I have been quilting for about 20 years off and on. I learned how to quilt from a class I took at a community college when I was 18. I have always loved quilts and was really inspired by my Grandma. She was an avid quilter and I am so very happy that I have so many treasures that she created. I lost my Grandma on February 12th. I am still dealing with the pain so I decided to make a quilt. When I am quilting, I feel very close to her. I am working on the borders of the king size quilt I am making. I will be excited when it is completed so I can start on another one. I have been married for 17 years to a wonderful man who thinks I was born in the wrong era I have one feline helper and one canine helper. I am very happy to be here!

Welcome to the QB from sunny southern California! Very sorry for the recent loss of your grandmother, it can take a while to learn to cope with the loss.

Welcome! Quilting helps take the mind away from pressing issues. What part of TN are you from? Crossville has a wonderful show coming in June. There are some fancy quilters in that area!! We would love to welcome you to a guild. The guilds are so much fun, and very motivating. King sized quilt! I've never been so adventurous. Good for you, and Welcome!!!

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Hello Farah, welcome from northern California! I am sorry that you lost your Grandma, I know how difficult that can be. I am glad that you feel close to her while quilting and I hope you will post a picture of your quilt when you are finished.
    Janet L52

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio! Sorry for your loss.
    SueDor

Welcome from Adrian, MI

Hello Farah and welcome to the board from the friendly State of Alabama. So sorry for your loss. My "MeeMaw" was my best friend.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY

welcome from se TX
    diane

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast