Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from the UP

I'm Joann, a retired teacher from Naperville, IL, transplanted (by choice) to the Hiawatha National Forest in central UP of Michigan. I'm originally from the Soo. I started quilting in 2000 because I wanted 4 unique matching bed covers for the cabin's bunkroom. By the time the 4 were done, I was hooked and had done 5 others. I'm active in the Munising quilt guild, enjoy being outdoors year round -- yes, even in the winter -- to include fishing, snowmobiling, 4 wheeling, kayaking, snowshoeing, walking woods trails, gathering firewood, etc., and LOVE to piece and quilt my quilts. I have an original Tin Lizzie 18 longarm machine. I'm married, have a daughter & son, and now have two grandsons.

welcome!

Welcome from Northern Indiana. I'm glad you have some quilts to keep you warm tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by johans
    I'm Joann, a retired teacher from Naperville, IL, transplanted (by choice) to the Hiawatha National Forest in central UP of Michigan. I'm originally from the Soo. I started quilting in 2000 because I wanted 4 unique matching bed covers for the cabin's bunkroom. By the time the 4 were done, I was hooked and had done 5 others. I'm active in the Munising quilt guild, enjoy being outdoors year round -- yes, even in the winter -- to include fishing, snowmobiling, 4 wheeling, kayaking, snowshoeing, walking woods trails, gathering firewood, etc., and LOVE to piece and quilt my quilts. I have an original Tin Lizzie 18 longarm machine. I'm married, have a daughter & son, and now have two grandsons.

Howdy and Welcome from Kentucky!!

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

welcome

Welcome. My daughter lives in Hancock, on the Keweenaw peninsula. We sometimes drive through Munising on our way to visit her. They love it, but the 70 inches of snow they had in January alone is too much for me.

Blog Entries
    Hello, and welcome from Idaho!

Welcome from Georgia

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast