Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey y'all from OKC

Wow, I love this board!! I spent 4 hours here early this morning and learned so much from y'all. LoL! My name is PJ and I am living in Oklahoma City, but am originally from Illinois. I am a mother of 3, grandmother of 1(so far), and well... mother of 4, if ya count my hubby! LoL. I started quilting in 2000, with no one I knew to show me the ropes. Lord bless the internet and clearance section of local book shops!! Most of the important lessons I've learned the hard way(must be the Taurus in me), that usually involved blood and, at the very least, many frustrated tears. One time I spent days putting together my own design into a King size quilt, only to forget the candle burning on the table! :shock: Yeah, ya can say that lesson was learned real quick and in a hurry. :oops: But, it didn't deter me and I am getting so much better with each one I make, not to mention even more addicted to this lil thing called quilting. I look forward to getting to know this community here and many thanks to Google for stumbling across the addy, while searching for help.
    Happy quilting to all!

PJ

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Iowa.

Welcome, I can't believe a yankee in Ok lol. I'm in the se corner.
    Pat

Welcome, PJ!

We all love this board. It is a wonderful way to stay connected and get all sorts of help on problems and share with each other!

Warning, though: Don't break the rules! You'll get a stern 'no no' message from the administrators if you do.

Send us some pics of your projects!

Quote Originally Posted by pjmarie10949
    Wow, I love this board!! I spent 4 hours here early this morning and learned so much from y'all. LoL! My name is PJ and I am living in Oklahoma City, but am originally from Illinois. I am a mother of 3, grandmother of 1(so far), and well... mother of 4, if ya count my hubby! LoL. I started quilting in 2000, with no one I knew to show me the ropes. Lord bless the internet and clearance section of local book shops!! Most of the important lessons I've learned the hard way(must be the Taurus in me), that usually involved blood and, at the very least, many frustrated tears. One time I spent days putting together my own design into a King size quilt, only to forget the candle burning on the table! :shock: Yeah, ya can say that lesson was learned real quick and in a hurry. :oops: But, it didn't deter me and I am getting so much better with each one I make, not to mention even more addicted to this lil thing called quilting. I look forward to getting to know this community here and many thanks to Google for stumbling across the addy, while searching for help.
    Happy quilting to all!

PJ

Blog Entries
    Hi PJ, welcome from Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerlady
    Welcome, I can't believe a yankee in Ok lol. I'm in the se corner.
    Pat

LoL!! Yeah, we get that a lot from the local okies! It's definitely been a bit of culture shock for us but, I love it here and I'm starting to "belong" as y'all are so easy to adapt to. ;-)

I do have a ton of pics of my stuff but, can't get to them just yet. Hubby's laptop died and most of them are on there. The one in my avatar is the "Peace, Love and Denim" I made for my daughter this last summer. Found the pattern on the net and had a blast making it for her. It was a huge hit at cheer camp. LoL! Thanks for the tip on checking out the rules, that's usually my first stop on boards but I was so excited about finding a truly good site I skipped that one. Will get right on that though, don't wanna do something wrong and all boards are run different.
    Thanks for the warm welcome too.

PJ

Harry Potter quilt-in-progress for DH
    Name:  Attachment-152839.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  48.0 KB

Another one for my mom, she seems to get a lot of stuff from me! LoL
    Name:  Attachment-152840.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  41.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Arkansas! Yes, husbands can be legally considered "children" :)

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from NC!

PJ, not only welcome to the board but welcome to Oklahoma.
    We've traveled around the US a lot, even spent time in Illinois.
    Pat

Hello & welcome from Flint, MI! Glad you found us!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast