Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi all! New here. >

Hi all! New here.

Hi all! New here.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:51 PM

Hi! I'm Eileen. I'm 57, married, have two grown daughters and one 10 year old granddaughter who loves Irish dancing. Hubby and I currently live in California with our blind Boston Terrier but are not originally from here and plan on retiring to Arizona. I love to quilt, make dolls, travel, photography, gardening, reading, writing , music, archeology and geology. Someday I want to participate in an archeological dig.

I have tons of quilts in progress that I need to finish and although I've dabbled in quilting since the early 70's, I still consider myself a novice. I enjoy hand applique most of all and hope to make a Boston Album quilt one of these days. I'm glad I found this group and hope to get to know you all.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 AM

Hi Eileen, Welcome! Sounds like you have a long time background in quilting. I made my 1st quilt back in the 70's & swore I'd never do another one because it was so difficult to roll the quilt & work it thru the throat of my sewing machine while trying to quilt it. It was a queen size quilt for a water bed. LOL I didn't get back to quilting for quite a few years. I'm sure enjoying it now. It's a lot easier for me to quilt now that I have a quilt table. This is a great site for sharing your work & there is always a lot of good advice & support. Enjoy!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:03 AM

Welcome Eileen!

You have some good interests! For us, quilting and photography always work 'cause we get to see what you've done! :mrgreen:

Of course, all of them mix well with quilting. I'd love to see you do a geology, gardening, archeology and travel quilt! (not all necessarily on the same quilt!)
Old 01-19-2008, 05:42 AM

Nice to meet you Eileen! You sound a very busy lady...I always wanted to go on a dig but I think I'll stick to watching them on tv.......my joints are a bit stiff for all that bending now!.lol!

Karen
Old 01-19-2008, 06:05 AM

Hey Eileen.. WELCOME.. the door is always open and you are always welcome!

Thanks for joining us!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 AM

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of new things here, too. Have fun exploring!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:42 AM

Welcome! Sounds as if you have a great deal of hobbies to keep you busy and occupied! We'll be looking forward to seeing the progress on that B. album quilt!

M
Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the great welcome. I've had fun looking around the group and seeing all the great quilts everyone has made. What a talented group of quilters here! I know I'll learn a lot.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 AM

Welcome, Eileen. Glad you decided to join us. This is a great place to make friends and share ideas.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Hi Eileen, Sounds like you'll fit right in here..Welcome! We can't wait to see pics of your work!