Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi from the Cascade Mtns

I'm new to the forum, but not to quilting. However, my experience has been haphazard (as have been my quilts at times!!)
    My problem is that my machine has blown a gear, and repairing it will be very expensive. The repairman is trying to convince me that it would be better to get a new machine, and I think he is right, BUT! I need help figuring out WHAT machine. I really can't spend more than $700-800.00
    Any suggestions or advice from anyone would be most appreciated!

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Blog Entries

I would say to go to the various dealers and try out their machines. Take samples of fabric and fabric sandwiches to test drive their machines for piecing, free motion, decorative stitching, etc...

Welcome from Southern California. I'm sure that there will be several folks here that could help you with a machine. The one I have is a little higher end so I won't recommend it to you.

Welcome from Ninnie in NC

Welcome from Adelaide, South Australia. The members on this forum will steer you in the right direction. They are truly great!!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Ireland.
    As others have suggested before me, try out as many as you can both in your price range and above. I say those above, because sometimes you can get a good deal on a used one higher up the range, when someone is upgrading. Providing you are happy with your dealer, then he will look after you and your machine. Sadly, here in Ireland, we are almost bereft of Bernina dealers, so, while I love my machine, I dread the day something goes wrong with it. It did once, the dealer put it in his store room and forgot it (he is well past retiring age). After several weeks, he told me he had sent it to the UK for repair. When I checked the UK, he hadn't. Eventually I got it back, but it took almost THREE MONTHS. Can you imagine how I felt?

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. For my 2 cents worth, I love the elnas. You should be able to get a great one in your price range. We love pictures.

Banned
    Hello from Washington State.
    As for machines. I got my Brother at Walmart for Almost $200. I love it :D

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast