Hi

Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM

Hello, my name is Jenna and I am new to the quilting world. My great-grandmother used to quilt and I always said I'd learn from her, unfortunately I waited too long. My grandmother passed on all of her cut-outs, so I am determined to finish her projects. I just ordered a Singer CE-250 machine, and am ready to start. Any helpful tips/comments would be great! I'm also a stay at home mom of 2, Hunter, who is 2, and Chloe who is 9 mos. My husband is in the USAF and we are currently stationed in FL. I look forward to chatting with you all!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM

Hi there, Welcome to the board! I'm in FL too, and a SAHM as well. :) You'll do great, some of us has had lots of lessons, some teach lessons (some wish they could teach lessons), and others like me are self taught. You'll do just great, and don't hesitate to wail if you need help. :)
Old 11-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

hello from Kansas Jenna:) I live close to McConnel AFB here in Wichita.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM

Hi and wrelcome from Mass. You will love it here.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 PM

Hi, Jenna and welcome to the board! I bet you'll have fun finishing her projects and what a treasure they'll be. If you have any questions or comments or pictures, feel free to post them. :) Welcome from WV!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Hello and welcome from Southern California.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Lots of talented people here and will always be ready to help in any way they can.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 PM

Hi Jenna, Welcome from North Carolina. I'm happy you want to complete your grandmas projects I think she is smiling right now, so get your self ready and ask away and we will help you.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:55 AM

Welcome Jenna from Florida. I am from Michigan. I would recommend a quilters bible for a beginner. This is a how to book that doesn't have a lot of patterns but tells you a little bit of everything from color choice to cutting, sewing, layering and quilting. Taking a begginer class from a local quilt shop is also a good idea. The new friends you make at a quilt shop make for a good support group when you have questions. The same with a local quilting guild. Many think you have to be an experienced quilter to join a guild. Our guild encourages newbies. We provide classes periodically and someone is always willing to answer your questions or give you a hand. A local quilt shop can often put you in touch with guilds in the area.
Good luck and I know you're grandma is smiling down on you.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:56 AM

Welcome from Indiana!!