Hours of work

Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 AM

Hello every one...My name is Linda, I live in Pomona Calif. My mother use to make the most beautiful quilts by hand. I have many pieces of quilts that she started but because of her health she never got to finish.

There are flowers, teddy bears, fall leaves, squares, circles, kitty faces and more pieces. If any of you could use these remnants on your quilts. I would be glad to give them to you. I have hung on to them for a couple of years thinking that my sister and I would finish these quilts. Not...sister is not interested and I will be going into the hospital soon. Do not want to leave all of this hard work to fate.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Hi Linda:

First of all welcome to the board! I am sorry about your hospital visit. I hope everything turn out well.

I would be interested in some of your extra pieces of fabric. Let me know by pm or I will pm you which ever.

I am will to purchase and pay for shipping.

to find your personnel message just hit the Private Messages at the top of the page and it will take you right to it.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Linda, it is so precious that you have held onto your Mom's quilt pieces. Have you thought of having someone else use them to make something for you. It would be a shame to just give them to someone who doesn't have the attachment to them that you do. I kept hankies from my Mom and intend to make pillow fronts with them for all the granddaughters.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 AM

I have a lot of time on my hands and maybe I could put some of the blocks into a quilt for your family. I like to do handwork. No charge pm me.
Barb
Old 06-21-2008, 11:20 AM

Thank all of you for being so kind. I do not know anyone who quilts personally. I do have cousins that I could ask but I haven't seen them in years. I know that my mom would want someone to have them that enjoyed doing this type of work, and would actually finish the quilt/s. I will ask my cousins if they are interested.

I had planned on taking a quilting class, but my health is bad, and I wasn't able to enroll in the classes.

Judi, The hankie idea is so endearing. I did keep some of my grandmothers hankies. I love all of the quilts I see in your avitars.

I collect turtles and frogs too.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:49 PM

Sorry to hear that you're going in the hospital and sister isn't interested. I would love to have some of the fabric, especially the bears, cats, flowers. I make and donate a lot of quilts to foster kids, so it would be much appreciated. I would be more than willing to pay the postage, just pm me.