Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Howdy From Utah >

Howdy From Utah

Howdy From Utah

Old 12-18-2016, 03:26 AM

Welcome from South Texas. I have always said that quilting is my therapy. Thank you for your years of service. We are an Air Force family. My brother is retired Air Force, our son was in Air Force reserves and so was his cousin. We have another nephew in Afghanistan right now in the Air Force. And our granddaughter is at Wright Patterson right now. She is in aerospace medicine and loves it. Right after Christmas she is headed to Sacramento, CA for more training..
Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth View Post
PTSD is quite real. My 37-year-old son deals with it after serving twice in Afghanistan. He has had some very difficult days, but seems to be doing fairly well at the moment. However, as I'm sure you have experienced, emotions can be erratic and change moment to moment, almost. Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC.
I'm sorry to hear your Son has PTSD. I hope you give him a hug from Grampz here. Tell I said welcome home and thank you for your service. Then please get serious for me and say Ole Sarge wants you to NEVER give up! You are a WARRIOR you fight this PTSD with every bit you have and NEVER surrender to it. I got your 6. I'm here if you need. Thank you