Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm new to this

Hello everyone!! I have been getting this newsletter for quite a while and finally decided to join in. The doll quilt swap snagged me. I am a beginner quilter. I sew by hand only because that is the way my grandma and mother were teaching me. I have been quilting for about 4 years but have yet to finish a project. lol. (I think I get alot of that from them to) I would like someday to learn to use a machine so that my projects can get done faster if i want them to. I really enjoy all the helpful information I have gotten from the newsletters and reading some of the forums. I hope that by joining in it will help me gain experience and new friends. :D

Welcome to the board from Japan.
    I also do handpiecing and handquilting. I have been quilting about four years,too. Everyone on here is all so kind,sweet and always gives me helpful advice. You will surely have fun joining here.

panda

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!!!

Thanx to both of you! and just from reading the forums everyone seems really helpful!

Hi and welcome From MA.

Glad you joined us, this is a great place to seek info for quilting. Marge from Pa.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hi Star and welcome from France!

I used to do mostly hand piecing and quilting but joining this board has really made me branch out into machining - I've even had a bash at Free Motion Quilting on the machine! Still love the hand work though - I like the balance of both techniques! See you're in the Doll Quilt Swap - well done for jumping right in!

Hello and thanx. I hope to get my own sewing machine one day my husband wants to buy me one but I don't even know where to start with that. that might be my first call out for help, choosing a machine. I think i might be scared of them, haha

Welcome STAR! I'm so glad the doll quilt swap snagged you. We're happy you joined our swap and this fun board.

I'm so envious of handwork in quilts. It suits them beautifully. I can't wait to see your doll quilt creation! Have fun!

Hello Star

Welcome from Nottingham, UK - you will love it here - we all do.

Tisha

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast