Introduction

Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM

Hi, All.

I posted a question first (basically because I hit the wrong button and went to the Intro page - been a very long day today).

I live in Pittsburgh, PA (home of hazy, hot and humid in the summer and grey, dingy and cold in the winter).

I've been quilting for about six years now and have the stash to prove it (under the bed, in the attic, surrounding the sewing machine cabinet, covering the sewing machine cabinet).
Old 11-21-2006, 02:22 PM

[quote]Hello, My name is Shirley, & I am from Missouri, I
started
quilting in May of 2006,
I do machine quilting with my New Home 9000 & my Designer 1 Machines
I do handquilting at church every Tuesday I madea quilt for my children & grandchildren,7 in all I am giving the quilts for Christmas presents. I would like to know the tricks & tips of becoming a great quilter, :roll:
Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 PM

Hi fellow quilters, I live in Kentucky. I have been quilting about 10 years and have won several first place winners in the County Fair and State Fair entries. My last quilt was the Dresden Plate, which won Best of Show at the County Fair. I was needless to say, very proud.

My mom tought me a lot about quilting and from there I grab every quilt book, TV Show and sites on the Internet. Guess you could call me a quiltaholic. Look forward to others comments :mrgreen:
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Reba Harvey, I live 90 miles east of Dallas. I have just started to do quilting about a year ago and I'm not worth a darn at it but I have fun doing it. My daughter made me a quilt for my birthday and she is teaching me how to hand quilt. I made her a flannel quilt for Xmas this last year. I was finishing the binding and spilled a glass of tea on the quilt. I never dried it in a dryer as not to set the stain. Any ideas what to use to get it out? Thanks for sharing all your thoughts with us.
granny
[email protected]
Old 11-21-2006, 06:50 PM

The only thing I suggest is to “dye” the quilt with tea. Sorry, but you learned the hard way that drinks do not mix with quilts, specially tea and coffee since you use them to give the “old look” to new projects. Use bags of tea to make a very strong tea dye; add it to water and soak the quilt in it. Good luck!
Lucia
Old 09-30-2011, 06:03 AM

Hi all I have been a member for quite a while I had to change me email address! I love the advice you all have &
give! I am in VA close to Hopewell, VA & belong to the Quilting Guild of Hopewell! Come join us if you are close!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:27 AM
QKO

Hello and welcome to QB, from western Nevada!