Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New from Australia

New from Australia

Hi everyone. I am from the Snowy Mountains area of NSW. Am a passionate quilter, have been quilting for about 9 years and only regret that I do not have enough years left to tackle all the wonderful projects that present themselves to my overactive imagination.

I love living here in this beautiful part of Australia and share my life with a wonderful and supportive husband, an elegant gentleman cat, and an abundance of wildlife. Our two daughters live not too far away and we have two grandchildren.

I am curious to know how many other Aussies are out there in Quilting Board land ... lots, I imagine. Am really looking forward to getting to know you all.

Mary B

Banned
    Greetings and welcome from New Hampshire

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Hopefully some of our QB Aussies will post here as there are several.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota USA and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY

Hi Mary

I am from Campbelltown NSW glad to meet another person from Australia

Hi and Welcome from Las Vegas. Years ago I had a very dear friend from Australia. She came to the US with her American husband and lived across the street from us. Sadly for me after about 5 years they moved back to Queensland. My family and I saw them off on the ship in San Francisco. We wrote over the years and then I got a note from her son that she had passed away. She was such a sweet and dear friend and we always talked about someday maybe I could go to Australia and see her. You will find they are quite a few of your mates on this board and everyone is so helpful and nice, I know you will be happy joining all of us....
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Hi Lyn. My next-door-neighbour moved here from Campbelltown. Where's your nearest quilt shop? Do you visit the one at Camden?
    Mary B

Hello ShabbyTabby. So sorry to hear you lost your Australian friend. Do you think you will ever visit Australia now or is that not likely?

Thank you for the welcome, I am looking forward to joining in here and sharing with you all.
    Mary B

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome from Maleny, Queensland. Another beautiful part of our country

Blog Entries
    Howdy from NC! there are several of your neighbors here on this board! (you may not know them...yet)

A great way to meet people on this board is to jump into some of the swaps we have such as the December Doll Quilt Swap.... here is a link you can read and see if you would like to give it a try. We have a swapper who lives in Australia too!
    We have so much fun with this swap. NO PRESSURE at all with the doll quilts. We offer themes but purely optional.
    Give it a thought! We would love to have you!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast