Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to the board from Southern California >

New to the board from Southern California

New to the board from Southern California

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM

Welcome from Northeast Alabama. Lived in Marin County, worked in San Francisco in late 1970's, but we moved back to Ala where we are from. Been divorced 20 yrs, live alone, so have gotten used to it. What part of Southern Cal are you in? Chime in with questions & advice. You'll find it a great place to come & read threads and unwind, get inspiration....
Old 08-14-2009, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Welcome from Northeast Alabama. Lived in Marin County, worked in San Francisco in late 1970's, but we moved back to Ala where we are from. Been divorced 20 yrs, live alone, so have gotten used to it. What part of Southern Cal are you in? Chime in with questions & advice. You'll find it a great place to come & read threads and unwind, get inspiration....
Sheila, you may live alone, but you're NEVER alone if you keep in touch with us. We're as close as your computer. I have never felt so close to people as since I've joined this group. Even though I have family and friends all around me, the people here have the same INTERESTS as I do. It's a certain bond like no other.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:12 PM

Welcome from Tucson, Arizona. You certainly do sound like you've got a lot to do, but it sounds fun and you seem excited about it. Word of warning: This site can be addicting (in a good way).
I recommend you review the tutorials and look at take a look at all the lovely pictures of quilts. Youtube is also a great source for understanding different techniques.
You may want to try a sampler to learn various techniques.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Thanks Gail. Yes, I read/lurked for several months before I signed up in March, had a rough go in my personal life back in April when I was rushed with Prom dress alterations (one was my gdau's) and I had a major meltdown of sorts. I cried a lot, so was off a month or two, then got back involved before my knee surgery. My son tried to get me a hookup for his laptop that he brought to Rehab, but never got the right code, so I couldn't get on during that stay. I'm back home (2 wks now) and realize how much I missed my apt & getting online everyday. There's always someone to talk with or live chat, except if I'm up late/late at night.