Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New little Cupcake!

Hi everyone :) I'm glad to be here.

My name is Heather and I am currently living in Japan with my husband. We have one year left here and then we'll be moving to our next command. He is in the Navy.

In my spare time I like to pursue my hobbies like cooking, reading, sewing and other crafts. When I lived in the states I often spent time out in the barn with our horses. I can't wait to see them again.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting a feel for the board. My goal is to start working on my first quilt and I'm hoping to get some good advice from the wealth of knowledgeable people here.

I want to make a cathedral window baby quilt, nope not pregnant, but I want something small to practice with.

Any helpful thread/topic links would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask me any questions!

Between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, Germany
    Hello Heather and welcome from Germany :)Congrats on your first goal, a cathedral window quilt. Eddie posted a great tutorial on the board about it, very helpful.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Virginia

Hi Heather and welcome from Ohio.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35742-1.htm

The link above is to a picture tutorial for a cathedral window quilt. Hope that helps! Welcome to the board from MS!

Thank you everyone! So far, this place seems friendly and widely versed and full of people who are beginners all the way up to the 'pros'. I feel like an empty sponge. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymct
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35742-1.htm

The link above is to a picture tutorial for a cathedral window quilt. Hope that helps! Welcome to the board from MS!
    That is a FANtastic link and well done tutorial. I only looked through the first page because I wanted to get back and thank you for posting it.

So ... is this quilting thing going to be addictive? Should I be forewarned?? Is my husband going to have to stage an intervention in a few months? :p

Welcome Cupcake! Yes, this quilting thing is a little addictive! Be sure to get some of that beautiful silk while you are there. You may not want to use it in quilts but to have a piece or two to remember your time there can be special!

Hello and welcome from southeastern Oklahoma!

welcome! Addictive......YES! YES! DOUBLE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Welcome Cupcake! Yes, this quilting thing is a little addictive! Be sure to get some of that beautiful silk while you are there. You may not want to use it in quilts but to have a piece or two to remember your time there can be special!
    Oh that is a good idea, I have seen quite a few pieces that I loved, but I couldn't think of a way to incorporated them into another project. Maybe I'll come up with some way to use them in a quilt or something. Many of the kimono fabrics are stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    welcome! Addictive......YES! YES! DOUBLE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Looks like I'm in trouble!!
    :mrgreen: :shock:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast