Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New quilter in Minnesota >

New quilter in Minnesota

New quilter in Minnesota

Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 PM

Hello,

I am Maggie and my mom got me into quilting about a year ago. I have only made 3 quilts. I enjoyed not only the quilting, but spending the time with my mom. She goes south for the winter, but will be back in a few weeks now that it is warming up.

On a whim, I bought a used Nolting Long arm. I have had it for three months now and am kind of scared to use it. :oops: I have had trouble figuring out how to load a quilt, but I think I have that under control now. The people at Nolting have been very helpful even though I bought the machine used.

My mom has been quilting her heart out in Florida to bring me stuff to practice on. I think she is excited to give it a try too. I am hoping that once I have some practice on my own quilts, that maybe I can make some money on the side and eliminate job #2.

I am very excited to get started, but working full time already and sometimes a second job on the weekends, doesn't leave a lot of time. I really want to get moving on this though.

This forum seems like it will be easy to monouver around in. I hope to make some online friends here.

Other things in my life include a beautiful little 3 year old granddaughter that I completely adore. I live in the country and enjoy gardening and canning in the fall. And I love to cook.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:36 PM

Welcome! It's easy to get hooked on quilting - sp many designs and colors, and new fabrics! Galad you could find us!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:54 PM

Welcome!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:02 PM

HI Maggie!!

It is very nice to meet you! I too love sewing/quilting with my Mum. She has been sewing since high school, but I taught her quilting about 4 years ago. We have a quilting bee group that meet at her place on Thursday nights. I will be heading down to her place in a half hour for our sewing session tonight. I love that she is just as excited about quilting as I am!!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Welcome Maggie! What fun it is to have a mother that loves to quilt too!! Your mom & you should have a lot of fun doing all that quilting together!! This is a pretty easy site to navigate & there are always so many ideas & links etc to share. Have fun!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to our group! I think it is awesome you quilt with your mom :D I hope all goes well and your second job quilting happens quickly for you! :D
Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 AM

We had a snow storm here yesterday/last night. Got about 6 inches of snow! I hope it is over and spring is on the way. The thyme in my garden is peeking up through the snow!