Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
new to this site >

new to this site

new to this site

Old 08-08-2007, 07:17 AM

Hello Everyone.

I've been reading posts on this site for about a month, so I figured I'd introduce myself & say THANKS for all the helpful info you've been posting.

I have 4 children, 24, 22, 21, 20.

And a wonderful husband who's literally been my Knight in Shining Armor. He was the hockey mascot for Clarkson University.

I've been sewing since I was about 8, but got my first quilting experience when I was handed an unfinished quilt top (from my great grandmother) at 17 when I was pregnant for our 1st child. I've been hooked ever since. :D

I don't belong to any quilt groups or guilds, so I was elated when I found this website.

I do have a question,

I've been trying for 6 months to find the pattern for the WEB STAR by Lucy Fazely. It appeared in Quick & Easy Quilting (Oct/Nov02). Does anyone have this? I've included a photo of what it looks like.

Thanks again for any help.

My Golden Knight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2423[/ATTACH]

Ren. Faire 2005
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2424[/ATTACH]

WEB STAR Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3373[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2423.jpe   attachment-2424.jpe   attachment-3373.jpe   image.jpeg  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:36 AM

Hi, and welcome. I just joined myself a few days ago.

Sorry, I've never seen or heard of a web star before, but it looks beautiful. Good luck finding it.
Attached Thumbnails 61113465-e7d1-4e2b-bd9e-cf455415c965.jpeg  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:40 AM

Thanks Cynde. Love your quilts and signature. My hubby just laughed and said, "Yup. That's what it's like." :D
Attached Thumbnails 20171119_233104.jpg   aztec-warrior-quilt.jpg   az-warrior-quilt-detail.jpg   galactica-quilt-2.jpg   galactica-quilt-1.jpg  

Old 08-08-2007, 11:47 AM

Hello nice to meet you, glad you decided to introduce yourself. I am from New Zealand. Did you make the costumes everyone is wearing in the photo yourself? I simply love this website, is so much fun, only prob is getting off the puter and getting some actual sewing done :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 PM

Yes, that's my one of other loves ShellyQ. I made all those (except Hubby's) & this year we went during Pirate weekend, so of course we needed new costumes. They turned out great.

I agree about splitting your time. I'm working on a baby quilt at the moment. I machine piece & hand-quilt, so it takes me a bit. Whenever I need a break I come here to see how everyone is doing. :)

We're planning a trip to New Zealand for next year. Do you know where some good places are to get fabric? Thanks.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:11 PM

Hi Mamapeach and welcome to the family! We'd love to see some of your projects if you'd like to share them with us. I love your costumes. Does it take you very long to make a costume?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Thanks live2teach. I've only made about 10 quilts, but sewn quite a bit. Sewing takes less time :D The length of time depends on how elaborate the costume. The Jester costume only took about 2.5 days. The Henry 8th took a lot longer because of all the detail & pleats.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 AM

:) That's great, I hope you enjoy your stay here in NZ. As far as fabric goes, the prices here are pretty steep compared to the US but you can get some lovely Kiwiana Designs and I get some lovely hand dyed fabric from a lady in Auckland who does graduated packs of 6 fat quarters for NZ$10 which is very reasonable compared to other NZ prices and she does some truly beautiful fabrics. I am using quite alot of her stuff in my baltimore. I usually buy off the net and will get you the links to someplaces if you like. I'm sure that if you emailed them, they would be only too happy to arrange something.

Where in NZ were you planning to visit, I might have a few suggestions for places to see if you'd like. You've done a fabulous job on the costumes, so authentic looking and such alot of detail.
Attached Thumbnails modern-inversion-smaller.jpg   flag-back.jpg   flag-front.jpg   close-up-medium.jpg  
Old 08-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Hi, Mamapeach. Those costumes are awesome!!
WHOA! You had your babies close together. That is amazing. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just have them all close together, then it it would be a little easier a little sooner. (or something like that).
My babies are 5 and 2.
Congrats on joining the board!!
Good luck on that pattern.
Attached Thumbnails nexo2817-qb-web.jpg   img_3312-qb-web.jpg  
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM
lin

Hi mamapeach and welcome!! So glad you found us. I love the costumes. You're really talented. :) Wow...four little ones almost in a row. You were a busy little mama for awhile weren't you? I had 4 as well, but they were really spread out. :)

Don't be afraid to join the fray...jump right in and show us some more pics, give advice or tips, ask questions or just make some new friends. :)