Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Newbie from Ohio >

Newbie from Ohio

Newbie from Ohio

Old 12-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Hi to all. I just found this site tonight. I taught myself to sew before I was 10 years old and use to love it. I sewed so much from neccessity in my younger years that I got burned out I guess. There's a saying use it or lose it. I didn't use it for a long time and I think I lost it because there was a time when I could make anything but anymore I do good to make anything at all.

Several years ago I embroidered a state quilt top and quilted it but I still haven't hemmed it. I need to get that done because it's a beautiful quilt.

A few days ago I was going through some stuff I've had packed away for a few years and found between 25 to 30 quilt squares I hand peiced. Now I want to put them together and quilt it. After that I want to make a rag quilt and after that; who knows.

It's nice to know there's a good place here to get help if I need it.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:30 AM

Nett 2, Welcome, and yes this is a good place for info, wisdom, sharing, and just about alittle of this and that. Jump in, look around. Theres alot to ou ou ou and aw aw a w about. Have fun.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:38 AM

I am new from Ohio and new to sewing. Welcome can't wait to see your pics and share stories. :)
Toni
Old 12-09-2007, 05:21 AM

Hi Nett,

Welcome to the best group in the world, everyone is so friendly and helpful. You will fit right in here. :)
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 AM

We love you already - those projects packed away sound just like me! They have to age a bit before their time comes.

Jump in, the water's fine!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:41 AM
bj

Hi Nettie, welcome to the board. It is a great place to make new friends and get lots of helpful feedback. I'm like you, I sewed because I had to when I was younger (or wear my brother's hand me downs) and kindof quit when I went to work and didn't have to. I got interested in quilting about 5 years ago and now am hooked. Hope to see some of your projects as you get them finished up. I see on the weather y'all have ice headed your way. Be careful and drop in here often!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:57 AM

Welcome!! Glad to have you aboard. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Hello Nett2,
Im from Ohio too. You will like it here.
Judy in Ohio
Old 12-10-2007, 02:02 PM

Welcome Nettie! I see you have already caught the bug again just by finding your old quilt squares, it got your juices flowing again. The girls and guys here on this site are very helpful, friendly and encouraging, you'll be glad you came aboard!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:39 PM

Hi Nettie, I had a great aunt Nettie that I so loved. You just don't hear that name often. She lived in West Virginia. I live in Ontario, but I have a daughter in Northeast Ohio and travel there often. You will love it here. It is really a sister hood and we all share a common bond. Our love of creating beautiful things with our hands. I've learned a lot from reading the posts and looking at all the amazing projects. Rag quilts are kind of my specialty, so if you have any questions, I'm here for you. Again, welcome aboard.