Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A newbie from Wales - UK

A newbie from Wales - UK

Hello everybody
    My name is Margaret and I live in a town called Cwmbran in South Wales, UK. I've sewed since my teens (I've recently turned 45) but am one of the least productive people I know. I have two sons, 24 and 21 (nearly) and neither of them have ever received a quilt from me. Although there is a quilt I've been making since the eldest was about 2 or 3.

I go through phases of sewing or knitting or paper crafting, but I would say that sewing is my first love.

As I have about a squillion unfinished items I thought that buying a new machine would be the ideal way to give me the incentive to finish some of them. So tomorrow I am due to take delivery of a brand spanking new Husqvarna Viking (or maybe Viking Husqvarna) Sapphire 875Q. I have already nicknamed her Saffy.

Unfortunately I am also one of the messiest folk on the planet so am desperately trying to clear enough space in my dining room, which doubles as my sewing/craft room to house it. I have been greatly inspired the pictures of the newly organised sewing spaces that some of you have posted.

Hopefully I will be able to share some of my finished creations with you before too long.

Hello Margaret, welcome from northern California! You will enjoy it here. Congratulations on the new machine! I hope you will post pictures of your projects, we would love to see them.
    Janet L52

Hi Margaret. Welcome to the board. Hope your new sewing machine does the trick. I have a Viking 875 and I love it.

A warm welcome from the centre of Englad!! Good to see another Brit!!!! I have the Husqvarna 870...a good workhorse!! I have a small Janome Gem I take to classes and a treasured Featherweight I bought on Ebay last year!!! You will find a lot of encouragement and inspiration here!!!! Any questions? ask away!!! Someone here will always have an answer!! By the way.....you won't get much sewing done!!!!!
    Hilary

Welcome Margaret, Hope you and Saffy turn out some quilts. May in Jersey

Welcome from the California desert.
    Mary

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Blog Entries
    Hello Margaret, welcome, waving to you from NE Ohio, USA.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Margaret, welcome from New York!

Thank you folks - it's nice to feel welcomed. And just in case there is anybody reading this who is/was on the DJ mailing list, I was "Mags from Wales" on there.
    Smile - it confuses people

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast