Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this normal?

I am fairly new to quilting, but I find it hard to finish a project without starting a new one. I finish about one quilt a year, but have fabric, some cut and ready, some partially sewn, a couple close to finishing. Is it common to have several projects in the closet, and switch back and forth?

Also: What is the rule about thread? I use the "expensive" type but besides color and brand what should I be looking for?

I'll leave your questions to some more experienced-just want to say hi and welcome from Michigan!

Totally normal, lol! And welcome!

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here. You sound like a normal quilter to me.

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome. I am new here too, and you sound pretty normal to me. I have a lot of different projects going on. My problem is I want to make every new and different quilt I see , haha But I do enjoy it . :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    To answer your thread question....Everyone has a favorite thread. I've come to the conclusion that the best thread for me is one I can afford and my sewing machine likes. Welcome...I have 6 projects I am currently working on. Sounds normal to me:)

Totally normal. You will see lots of references to WIP (work in progress) or UFOs (unfinished objects). When you are a quilter it happens......

too many thoughts in our heads-it's hard to finish one, when you see quilts everywhere-welcome from wisconsin

Between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, Germany
    Hello and welcome from Germany! To answer your questions: as my machine doesn't like all brands of thread, I go with the ones that run smoothly. My personal rule is to use both the same material for thread and fabric, so I use just 100% cotton thread.
    To me, it is better, and I'm not talking about easier ;-)), to finish a project before starting another. While working on a quilt and esp. towards the end, EVERY OTHER, spankin brand new project attracts my attention, BUT I try to resist. Mostly with good results so far.
    I look at it as a reward. For every finished one I may start a new one. Works for me, so this is just my 2Cents.
    Most important is to enjoy the process, so happy quilting to you :).

Hello and welcome from MIchigan! And yes, it sure is normal for a quilter. I do the very same thing, but I'm trying to cure myself and focus on one project at a time. Well, ok, maybe 2... or 3.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast