Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Happy New Year! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/happy-new-year-t209784.html)

Gashgoldvermilion 01-01-2013 12:08 AM

Happy New Year!

Hi there, the last thing I did in the last hour of 2012 was to join up with QB. Recently read the entire Dear Jane 2012/2013 posting and just loved how supportive and friendly people are. I haven't done a lot of quilting. My first was Nancy Halvorsen's Beattitudes, which amazingly turned out well. My second is Tailfeathers which I haven't finished quilting yet but it is not perfect and I'm grumpy with it and lost a bit of confidence. MY third is a 1930s print thing with squares set on point, not bad but haven't started quilting it yet. This is a request form my 18 yo. daughter who is moving into a flat with other students tomorrow. (We have both been tearful- she is moving a whole 15 minutes walk away! :) yes, we have offered to carry her bed down to her new place, but she thought that might be embarrassing. I thought I needed a challenge this year and I definitely need to improve my skills so I've nearly collected enough stuff for a Dear Jane. I plan to start this weekend. I love appliqué and embroidered quilts best but thought I should try other things. one thing I really am enjoying since getting into quilting is learning more about American history and art/ crafts/design which I hadn't really thought about much before. Hope everyone is looking forward to a new year of stitching.

earthwalker 01-01-2013 12:19 AM

Hello and welcome. You will find this board a great source of information, ideas and inspiration. We hail from all over the planet....even Australia:). Look forward to seeing some of your work.....oh...and when they leave home....15 minutes away seems like the other side of the world....my last bird flew the nest a year ago....still miss him (and he is a total pain in the neck:)).

misspriss 01-01-2013 03:45 AM

Welcome from Texas. I slip and slid into Gander one time, years ago, on a military plane. The building was a hanger and it was so cold. Again, welcome.

Lori B. 01-01-2013 04:51 AM

Welcome from Michigan! :)

J Carol 01-01-2013 06:11 AM

Welcome from Adrian, MI

Tartan 01-01-2013 07:57 AM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. A great way to start 2013 here on QB!

francie yuhas 01-01-2013 08:21 AM

Welcome from Oregon!
The thing I like about quilting is that it's an ideal stress reliever.I come home from work,start to work on my quilting,and everything falls into place. I' ve met a lot of fine folks,learned about history,and appreciated the diversity across time and cultures. Most quilters are very positive...I had one lady ( who obviously hated the quilt I made) tell me that I had chosen " lovely thread"! LOL!

Abby'smom 01-01-2013 08:32 AM

:) welcome from se Texas

Thumbelina 01-01-2013 08:44 AM

Happy New Year. Welcome from NE Ohio.

SueDor 01-01-2013 05:01 PM

Hi from Ohio!