Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from a "sorta" new quilter in Wyoming! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-%22sorta%22-new-quilter-wyoming-t69860.html)

michell 10-12-2010 07:15 PM

I say "sorta" because I have only been working on one quilt that I started 10 or 11 years ago. And that is the only experience I have at quilting. I have recently completed my sixth 12 in. block! I didn't work on it for probably 2 or 3 years, but had told myself I was going to finish it this year, however, I am not so sure I am going to finish it by the end of the year...I think next year would be a better goal! I have joined a jelly roll class this Saturday, 10/16, and am very excited about it. This will probably be my last hand-sewn quilt!

My name is Michell and I live in Evanston, Wyoming. I have lived here for one year and am originally from Jonesboro, Arkansas. My husband works for the U.S. Forest Service so we move every few years. Prior to moving here we lived in Grand Marais, Minnesota. I loved it there since I am a winter lover, but it was a very expensive town. The town was located on the North Shore of Lake Superior. It is an artsy town and was my kind of town. Unfortunately, it is also a tourist town because it is prime skiiing, canoeing, camping, hiking, etc. territory and was a very expensive place to live. It is where most people go to experience the wilderness...the BWCAW (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness) is very popular and people come from all over to experience it and is home of the Superior National Forest, which is also the largest National Forest in the lower 48. It was a great experience and I am blessed to have lived there.

I had always wanted to live in Wyoming since I was a young girl having seen a documentary on television as a child. So, when my husband, Tim, came home from work one day and said we were moving to Wyoming I was like a school girl! The winters are not as they were in GM, but I have been told the last couple of years have not been normal. We only had enough snow to keep the ground covered, so this year I am praying for lots and lots of snow! I LOVE SNOW...I LOVE WINTER!!! :-D

I'm the happy hippy chic! I love to laugh and enjoy life. I love the Lord and people. I especially love meeting new people and making new friends. I am very happy to have found this quilting board. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Peace!
and God bless you!!!

jazs2 10-12-2010 07:16 PM

Hello from West Virginia
Welcome to the group
jazs2

Lakeview Quilting 10-12-2010 07:18 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma!

michell 10-12-2010 07:20 PM

Thank you jazs2! I have had the pleasure of visiting Virginia. I lived in North Carolina for a couple of years what seems a lifetime ago! Beautiful area of the country. :)

mrspete 10-12-2010 07:37 PM

Hello from the Tarheel State. Come back anytime.

Blessings,
Ruth

Magdalena 10-12-2010 07:41 PM

Hello and welcome from California!

CarrieAnne 10-12-2010 07:46 PM

Welcome!

Melinda in Tulsa 10-12-2010 07:54 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma! :lol:

Marlys 10-12-2010 08:19 PM

Welcome to the board from your neighbor in Montana!

Jim's Gem 10-12-2010 09:03 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!