Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from 'The Great White North' :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-great-white-north-t222153.html)

Trisher 05-24-2013 08:09 AM

Hello from 'The Great White North' :)

Hi all,

I am Trisher from Winnipeg in Canada. So happy to join your group - thanks for having me! I was directed to this Board so many times (from my google searches related to quilting stuff) that I thought maybe it was time to sign on!

Today (May 24), finds me looking out as I type, to a yard where the trees are just beginning to bud, and the grass is starting to green up. Our summers come late and leave early, but they are glorious while they are here.

Today's challenges: finish sashing and binding on a 'Leah Day Free Motion Filler' quilt and secondly try to recreate the twister ruler on something I already have. I promised myself this morning that I would NOT buy any more rulers. Almost ordered one already! (They didn't ship to Canada, so I saved myself!)

Enough about me - I am off to explore the forum!

Angel Bear 05-24-2013 08:58 AM

Welcome from OHIO! Please upload pictures of your finished projects. So glad you have joined us.

carslo 05-24-2013 09:04 AM

Welcome Winterpeg resident! My sister was born in your fair city. You will find lots of friendly folks here and lots of inspiration:)

Thumbelina 05-24-2013 09:21 AM

Hi Trisher, glad to meet you and welcome from from the great state of Ohio, Amosh country.

Wildernessties 05-24-2013 09:32 AM

Welcome from the Adirondack Mtns of northern NY state. I am new here, too, and get so inspired when I see all the great ideas and creations posted here. I think you will enjoy it as well.

Trisher 05-24-2013 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Angel Bear (Post 6082800)
Welcome from OHIO! Please upload pictures of your finished projects. So glad you have joined us.

I know I could find it - but to save time (more quilting less internet!) is there a special place to upload pics?

Tartan 05-24-2013 09:51 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I think somewhere, sometime, someone showed on QB how to make a square into the Twister ruler. I did myself a small one on a 4 inch square rotary ruler by putting transparent tape on the top of my square in an X and putting the lines on the tape with a Sharpie.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-24-2013 10:02 AM

Trisher, there is a "Pictures" forum you can get to from the home page. That's where you put any you care to share and where you can find 1000's to look at.

Trisher 05-24-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter (Post 6082909)
Trisher, there is a "Pictures" forum you can get to from the home page. That's where you put any you care to share and where you can find 1000's to look at.

Thanks so much. I found it! Now I have to take pictures of my stuff. I feel like an amateur, but we all have to start somewhere I guess!

Thanks for the welcomes from everyone!

Trisher 05-24-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6082881)
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I think somewhere, sometime, someone showed on QB how to make a square into the Twister ruler. I did myself a small one on a 4 inch square rotary ruler by putting transparent tape on the top of my square in an X and putting the lines on the tape with a Sharpie.

Thanks! I am gonna try that!