Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   hello from joan bosserman smitties dover pa (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-joan-bosserman-smitties-dover-pa-t140954.html)

joansmittie 07-28-2011 01:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hello from dover pa,

I remember grandpa dale and his friends talking to me about dutch hex signs as a toddler, dutch signs invoke your prayer, I was told, signs for good luck, rain, bluebird of happiness, ect. talk of great grandpa michael c. bosserman and the bread company... their once was a bosserman bread company, I would wonder what will I do when I"m all grown up,I had to find my talent, I remember 6th grade when in school club I was taught to crochet a granny square, I was hooked, its called crafting, than in sewing class I was introduced to sewing, my first project was a pillow, than around the age of 20 I decided to try learning quilting, my first project was a pinwheel block-- and than I bought a better homes and garden book on the history of quilting, and I saw the stunning patterns and instructions for 2 quilts I had to make, the first was my PA dutch tulip quilt( see pictures) it took me 2 years to complete, my daughter heather now owns this heirloom as I gave it to her, my second project was a amish diamond in a square quilt, it took me 10 years and I hand quilted every stitch, the pumpkin seed, the feather border, and the peace rose, and tulips, I entered it in the york fair, the ladies were flabbergasted and looked at me and exclaimed "its amish! " and seriously looked at me..... because I don't look amish... and I was 30 years old, I guess they didn't believe I made it...besides they didn't even have a category me to properly enter it in, I love quilting, and than I ran into Todd the pretzel man, the best pretzels and pretzel rolls I ever had! it was halloween 1996, love at first sight, besides we dated in high school, that was the beginning of our relationship.

joan , smitties, amish tulip quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232997[/ATTACH]

york pa quilters guild joan with her amish tulip quilt she made/2008
[ATTACH=CONFIG]232998[/ATTACH]

joan smitties quilt, diamond in a square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]233000[/ATTACH]

saf 07-28-2011 01:47 PM

Hello and welcome from the UK!

joansmittie 07-28-2011 01:49 PM

hello! best reguards! joan smittie

blueangel 07-28-2011 01:51 PM

Welcome from Kansas

mhunt1717 07-28-2011 01:51 PM

Welcome from Kentucky! Pretty quilts!

joansmittie 07-28-2011 02:00 PM

hello!! from dover pa, joan smittie

sueisallaboutquilts 07-28-2011 02:01 PM

Welcome to the board!! Love your pics and sure could go for one of those pretzels right now LOL :D

joansmittie 07-28-2011 02:01 PM

thank you so much!! joan smittie

joansmittie 07-28-2011 02:02 PM

yeah, its kinda nice I can bake one when I get hungry... joan smittie

joansmittie 07-28-2011 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Welcome to the board!! Love your pics and sure could go for one of those pretzels right now LOL :D

yeah, its kinda nice I can go bake one when I get hungry....joan smittie dover pa