Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello From Manchester England (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-manchester-england-t237900.html)

Pimperella 01-03-2014 06:41 AM

Huge Thank you for your Welcomes. I've been washing loads of plain colour cottons since last night lol. Making sure that any colour runs are done before I start working with them. Kids are rather excited that I'm making a start after so much time planning.
I love Manchester. We live in a place just outside of Manchester called Middleton. We have a lot of Medieval history round here, Some fantastic old buildings. It's just on the edge before a lot of farm land and canals. Lovely places to go for walks ~(when it's not raining, been rather horrid Autumn and start of Winter has been just as wet :( )
My inlaws live on the Isle of Wight now and we are have been talking about maybe, when hubby retires, that we might sell up and move down there and have a craft shop.

J Carol 01-03-2014 07:13 AM

Welcome from Adrian, MI

Knitette 01-05-2014 03:44 AM

Hello from a chilly Scotland :)

amyjo 01-05-2014 07:04 AM

Welcome from North Dakota. Today we are going further into the deep freeze. wind chills to -60 below zero. I am pretty sure that my car will not start today, so I am not going out to work. Hope it warms up some to be able to head to Minot ND as I need to be on a plane bound for Dallas Tx on Tuesday morning. Enjoy your kids they sound amazing as do you with your health issues. We will do our best to answer any questions you might have. We have an awesome group and we all are "family". Amy

Abby'smom 01-05-2014 07:21 AM

:) welcome from se Texas

Merivale 01-10-2014 08:00 PM

Only a little bit broken will be perfect for us AND you already have your fabric stash. Sounds like you have found home.

Perhaps you could make your daughter a patchwork top and use one of her special blankets as the back. She could still have her blanket and your could use some of your fabrics and start on a journey that you could share.

Welcome from Victoria Australia.

quiltingcandy 01-10-2014 10:00 PM

Welcome from southern California!

earthwalker 01-10-2014 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Merivale (Post 6505823)
Only a little bit broken will be perfect for us AND you already have your fabric stash. Sounds like you have found home.

Perhaps you could make your daughter a patchwork top and use one of her special blankets as the back. She could still have her blanket and your could use some of your fabrics and start on a journey that you could share.

Welcome from Victoria Australia.

My sentiments exactly! A very warm welcome (it's over 100 degrees here today) from Perth, Western Australia. I'm originally from Devon....so a transplanted Aussie:). There are quite a few vintage enthusiasts here, and quilters and fabric lovers of all ages and styles....So consider yourself at home and be warned....we LOVE pictures!

Angel Bear 01-12-2014 03:44 PM

Welcome from OHIO!

GKSM 01-12-2014 04:52 PM

Hello and welcome from Florida.