Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Rochester, NY! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-rochester-ny-t198505.html)

MarLeClair 08-24-2012 02:39 PM

Welcome from Spencerport, NY. Sounds like we are neighbors. Enjoy the Board-I haven't been here long but really enjoy the inspiration.

Lakeview Quilting 08-24-2012 04:14 PM

Hello Kim, welcome from Oklahoma!!!

SallySaidSew 08-24-2012 07:11 PM

A warm welcome from North Central Washington!

Lori B. 08-25-2012 03:47 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

Jim's Gem 08-25-2012 10:51 AM

​Welcome to the board from Southern California!

x7lillies 08-27-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieF (Post 5464390)
Hi Kim, Welcome from Rochester, NY. I live in Henrietta and have been quilting for more than 20 years. I found the answer to your question of being project-less. I was a solitary quilter for a long time and decided that I wanted to find a group of women to quilt with.....and do community service while I was quilting. I belong to a Church-sponsored Quilt Ministry. You don't have to be a member of the church (I am not) but the whole purpose of the group is to make baby quilts for Highland Hospital"s high risk baby nursery. One of the members works as a volunteer and disperses the quilts once we've made them. The group started with 4 or 5 members with only 3 of us who actually knew how to quilt and on any given Sunday, we could number over 15. We meet the 1st and 3rd Sunday afternoons for 3 hours and sew whatever pattern we want from a group stash knowing that the quilts will be donated. It alllows me to work off someone else's stash and it's a very creative environment with a lot of laughs.

Thanks, Annie! That sounds great! Do you meet at the Church? I'd love to help out with such a wonderful cause :)

SueDor 08-28-2012 01:43 AM

Hi from Ohio!

orangeroom 08-28-2012 03:39 AM

Kim, welcome from Fairport, NY!!! As you can see there are many of us on here, even from the same county! There are about 7-10 of us who try to get together once a month to support out LQS (local quilt shops) and then have lunch afterwards. If you'd like to be included in the invite each month, please pm me your e-mail address and I'll forward it to the woman who usually spearheads the meeting.

I've been sewing ~20 years and quilting ~10. I often rent the LA (long arm) at Jackie Lynn's on East Ridge Road in Irondequoit. Do you go on shop hops? The central NY shop hop is coming up at the end of September. It involves a lot of shops between here and towards Syracuse.

Welcome!

Jammin' Jane 08-29-2012 10:38 AM

Hello Kim!
Welcome from Minnesota!
Glad you've joined us! :)

AnnieF 09-01-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by x7lillies (Post 5471316)
Thanks, Annie! That sounds great! Do you meet at the Church? I'd love to help out with such a wonderful cause :)

Pm me and I can give you the details. We'd love to have you join us. With all the good work we do...we also take time for ourselves...we have a quilt away weekend coming up at the end of September