Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from the Sunshine State ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-sunshine-state-t46290.html)

BABAREEBA 05-18-2010 06:21 AM

Hello Everyone,
My name is Barbara,
I found this board about a month ago and I am totally addicted.
You all are such an inspiration and soooo talented. I love how everyone is so supportive and encouraging of one another. Everyone is so willing to share their wealth of knowlegde, whether it be on how to do a project, how to find something, help in making choices and you even get Happy Birthday wishes on your birthday.
I am married and have 4 grown daughters and 7 grandchildren.
I am just a beginning quilter I have made some simple small throws and table runners, but I want to do more. I am definitely a fabriholic. I LOVE the feel of good cotton fabric.
I am getting ready to driveup to one of my Best Friends home in Ontario, Wisconsin, she has a beautiful sewing room that is enormous, I am going to spend several weeks there quiltling. I have been gathering all the supplies for my projects and I am just about packed. I plan on taking 3 days to get there and I have been looking up Quilt shops along my way from FL to WI. that are close to the interstate. I am taking a laptop with an air card so I can get my daily QB fix, I hope anyway, it is very rural and it is hard to get a cell signal. I am so happy I found this Board. Thank you!

sharon b 05-18-2010 06:25 AM

Hello and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Glad you joined us :lol:

Not sure what route you are taking , but if you are anywhere near Shipshewanna Indiana , definitely worth the stop :wink: Its an Amish area that has a couple GREAT quilt store :mrgreen:

Have a safe trip and keep us posted, hope you get lots of quilting done while you are visiting with your friend

clem55 05-18-2010 06:42 AM

welcome from KY! Have a safe trip !! I would think coming through Tenn. there would be quilt shops, but I am not familair with any. You should have a good time visiting and sewing with your friend. Sounds like a nice vacation.

BABAREEBA 05-18-2010 06:48 AM

Thank you. I am going up I75 through Atlanta then to Chattanooga, to Nashville, to Paducah, into Il past Bloomington and up through Rockford IL ( Quilter's General Store..great store) then on to Madison WI then I am off the interstate not to far after that and onto smaller roads until my destination. I am not through In this time, but I would love to go on another trip

JudyG 05-18-2010 06:49 AM

Welcome from Washington state. Glad you joined us. Have a safe trip. Sounds like a wonderful vacation.

bev195000 05-18-2010 06:50 AM

Hi There all the way from the UK here.
I agree with you this webiste is great to learn new ideas and so many friendly people on here it simply makes my day

CarrieAnne 05-18-2010 07:13 AM

Welcome!

littlehud 05-18-2010 07:52 AM

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

LaurieE 05-18-2010 08:32 AM

Welcome from North Florida!

ann clare 05-18-2010 12:42 PM

Welcome from Ireland.