Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from the UK (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-uk-t36225.html)

Stummel 02-07-2010 05:02 AM

Hello,

I live in the UK with my husband, a cat and a dog.
I'm fairly new to quilting, as I have only ever finished one I created during a quilting class (finishing it took me about 8 years, so the next ones have to be quicker !!), but have been sewing for years.
I am about to make a quilt for two friends who are getting married this fall and have bought a lot of the materials, but not decided on a pattern yet. It will be a memory quilt and I have ten pictures of the couple printed on material, so am really looking forward to the project, and to being a member on this site :)

dakotamaid 02-07-2010 05:21 AM

Hello from central Iowa. You will find lots of advice and friends on this site. :D :D

Quilt Mom 02-07-2010 05:30 AM

Good morning from Nebraska! You'll find lots of friends, quilts and quilting advice here.

Be sure to share a picture when you are done with your quilt. We'd love to see your work. - Oh, and how about that 8 year project you finished? Will you share that, please? We have a thread dedicated to pictures. We all love to ooh and aah over things others have done. We also share ideas that way! :wink:

MamaBear61 02-07-2010 05:30 AM

Hello and welcome from Ontario

Stummel 02-07-2010 05:34 AM

Thanks everyone!
Unfortunately I was in a rush to finish that quilt for my dad's 65th birthday last december, so I took it home to his house and finished it there and never took a picture :(
I might ask him to take one and send it to me, but he's not particularly technical with digital cameras (when we got there he was complaining that his printer was broken, but it turned out that it just needed a new cartridge...).
He lives in Germany, so I can't just go over and get a photo myself.
I will post pics of new projects though!
I also just got a Janome QC as a Christmas present, but haven't tried using it yet.

aberi 02-07-2010 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Stummel
Hello,

I live in the UK with my husband, a cat and a dog.
I'm fairly new to quilting, as I have only ever finished one I created during a quilting class (finishing it took me about 8 years, so the next ones have to be quicker !!), but have been sewing for years.
I am about to make a quilt for two friends who are getting married this fall and have bought a lot of the materials, but not decided on a pattern yet. It will be a memory quilt and I have ten pictures of the couple printed on material, so am really looking forward to the project, and to being a member on this site :)

Welcome from Windsor, Ontario, Canada !! You will find plenty of motivation at this board to keep you motivated. We look forward to seeing your quilt done and pics posted!
I have a friend that lives in Watsonia, Victoria, Australia... some day I will get there to see her and her family./... They are coming into Fall season right now. I'm glad spring is coming in another month we will see crocus's coming up! Can't wait for the summer weather .. I will be attempting to quilt a quilt this summer on my back deck by hand. I will piece it by machine and then hand quilt it... this is because I love to sit in my gardens in the summer in the evenings and weekends when I am not gardening /!
Anyhow Welcome we so look forward to hearing from you!

Stummel 02-07-2010 05:47 AM

Thank you!
I actually lived in Canada for 7 years, and we are going to try to emigrate there once my husband decides where he wants to go with his career and we can afford the application.
I lived in Thunder Bay for my undergraduate degrees and then did a MA in Victoria in BC, which is also where I took the quilting class.

wilhelmina 02-07-2010 07:45 AM

Welcome from Edmond, Oklahoma!! I must say I am still new to this board, but it has a wealth of information and friendly people!! :)

dkabasketlady 02-07-2010 08:21 AM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!!!

mrspete 02-07-2010 09:12 AM

Hello, from North Carolina, USA - If you don't just love this site and these gal.....well YOU WILL, lol. Good to see ya.