Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from the Cascade Mtns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-cascade-mtns-t21690.html)

Mplsgirl 06-23-2009 08:52 AM

Welcome from Roscoe, Illinois. In that price range you should have a lot of choices.

Shemjo 06-23-2009 01:44 PM

Welcome from Missouri. Find a dealer you like and can trust, and that has been in business for a while and talk. Test drive everything!

omak 07-02-2009 06:56 AM

Hello from Soap Lake <wave>
Have you checked online to see what the different companies offer in your price range?
Our most recent purchase was the Babylock Quilt Choice Pro(fessional) in your price range. It came with an extension table, plus push button thread cutter, and the leg that drops down so you can raise and lower the foot. It only has two stitches, forward and backward. Actually, I guess that is just one stitch.
I have been using it on my quilting frame as a quilter, and my sister-in-law uses it for piecing and quilting, just on her table ... if I remember correctly, it also came with a hard case for portability.
Since neither of us cares for the fancy stitches it was a good choice for us.
If I were looking for a new machine, I would want features such as: drop feed dogs, needle left/right, needle up/down, plus all those features above ... I was disappointed that the machine did not have needle up/down, but I got over it (obviously <g>) ...
The Throat of the machine, so important for machine quilters is larger than other machines - - eight high by ten long, inches, that is ...
I bought the machine, sight unseen, which I would not recommend ever again ....
How are the mountains this summer? <g>

Ducky 07-02-2009 07:44 AM

A warm welcome from Colorado.

Duffsma 07-02-2009 12:37 PM

Hello from the beautiful, WARM mountains! It is really going to be a lovely weekend!
I checked out the local dealers and read a bit online and finally ordered a Singer from Amazon, which, theoretically, is especially set up for quilting, with threader, cutter, drop-feed, wide throat, extended bed, several specialty feet, a special quilting stitch (supposed to look like hand quilting) and a variety of fancy stitches.
Do I like it? I sure hope so, but it hasn't arrived yet, so - so far I'm just in love with the description!! :D

Mplsgirl 07-02-2009 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Duffsma
Hello from the beautiful, WARM mountains! It is really going to be a lovely weekend!
I checked out the local dealers and read a bit online and finally ordered a Singer from Amazon, which, theoretically, is especially set up for quilting, with threader, cutter, drop-feed, wide throat, extended bed, several specialty feet, a special quilting stitch (supposed to look like hand quilting) and a variety of fancy stitches.
Do I like it? I sure hope so, but it hasn't arrived yet, so - so far I'm just in love with the description!! :D

That sounds like a great machine!

*QuilterWannabee* 07-02-2009 02:18 PM

Welcome!

omak 07-02-2009 03:04 PM

YAY!
SOunds like you have got your dream machine. Cool!

omak 07-02-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Duffsma

which model did you order?

CajunQuilter2 07-02-2009 05:06 PM

I checked consumer reports and they say the Brother Innovis-40 Project runway machine is a good one. Runs about $400.00. I have a brother 600q that I really like. But like many others have said, just check with your local dealer and try some out.