Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Eastern Washington (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-eastern-washington-t22280.html)

nellebelles 07-03-2009 09:32 AM

Hello to all you fellow quilters! I have been quilting for a long time, but still learning new things almost every day. I sew as often as I can--I have some major health problems and there are days that I can't manage to get to my sewing room.
The kinds of quilts I make are varied--from baby quilts to wedding quilts to table toppers to whatever else I want to try.
I'm pretty blessed to have a husband who is a sewing machine technician and interested in quilting too. He participated with me in a BOM from one of our LQS. We have twin daughters and so making two quilts of the same pattern worked out well. Between us, we have 13 children and 22 grandchildren!
We just bought a motorhome and I have a sewing machine that will go with us when we travel. Our goal is to find quilt stores and quilt shows to enjoy wherever we decide to go. Having the motorhome will allow us to travel and rest whenever we need to.
I have enjoyed following the posts on the forum and hope to contribute more as time goes on.
You are all the best!

amma 07-03-2009 09:47 AM

Hello and Welcome!!! :D
You are living the dream!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wow, that is a BIG family!!! Do they all live close by? It's wonderful that you and hubby share the love of quilts/quilting 8) 8) 8)

Shemjo 07-03-2009 09:50 AM

Congratulations on your motor home and wonderful plans! And Hello and welcome from Missouri! This is a wonderful place to get any kind of info!

nellebelles 07-03-2009 10:08 AM

Most of the kids live close by, but the rest are spread around a bit--a son in the Florida Keys, a daughter in Utah, another son in Santa Barbara, CA going to school for his PhD in Chemical Engineering, another son in Southern Idaho. The grandkids are mostly here too, but we have a grown granddaughter in Western Washington and four little grandsons in Utah.
We still have one son living with us--he's 22 and needs to fly the nest sometime soon :) ! All of our kids are married except three boys.

SulaBug 07-03-2009 10:34 AM

Welcome from the Yakima Valley!! :D
We are so glad to have you join us. I
Know you are going to love it here.
Enjoy that motorhome & sew when
ever you can!!
Sulabug
:D :D :D

dvseals 07-03-2009 10:39 AM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Shelley 07-03-2009 10:40 AM

Welcome from Wilbur!

2 Doods 07-03-2009 10:57 AM

Waving at you from Oregon!!!
Glad to have you here!
Anxious to see some pictures!

Lacelady 07-03-2009 11:15 AM

Welcome from Ireland. Does that motor home of yours have room for a laptop so you can keep in touch with us while you are on your travels? And can you lend us your DH when we all have problems with our machines please?

Ninnie 07-03-2009 11:20 AM

Hi and Welcome from Ninnie in NC! We love seasoned quilters, and expect lots of info from you!! LOL Post some pictures of your quilts please!