Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Spokane, Washington(formerly Omak, WA) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-spokane-washington-formerly-omak-wa-t39478.html)

horseowner 03-13-2010 06:24 PM

Hello, I am restarting quilting after doing a few projects long ago--I will be finishing some older projects, or having turned a blind eye to them for awhile, will be making potholders for my kitchen and 2 daughters kitchens, and hopefully slowly learn how to piece without going to a class, make smaller quilts to do on my Kenmore machine--maybe thowing in some of the stitches, like the feather or briar or others it does someday. Have machine quilted a quilt from Beth Reynolds Stack n Wack which I took a class on long ago-did machine quilting last year--the teacher helped me choose the fabric--so it was stunning--like a kaleidescope. Also am garment sewing as I am an aging apple shape with gravity issues. Age:58. Like to ride horse, read mysteries, go to knitting group and church, and struggle to get house dejunked and clean. Also have dogs, and a cat. Am still up for an almost newbie adoption but do not want to make art quilts as stated yet. Thanks, Jacki/Jaclyn/JJ/Jacqueline(my real name).

littlehud 03-13-2010 06:38 PM

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

roseOfsharon 03-13-2010 06:43 PM

Hello Jacki/Jaclyn/JJ/Jacqueline lol from Maryland

Frogquilter 03-13-2010 07:13 PM

Welcome you are from my home state but I am now displaced in KS. I am happy where ever I am as long as I can sew. Glad to see you here.

Teacup 03-13-2010 07:21 PM

Welcome from central Illinois! Hope you enjoy it here!

dglvr 03-13-2010 07:29 PM

Hi horseowner. Glad your here. I'm in Ritzville.
What shop is your favorite in Spokane.? ;-)

Martina 03-13-2010 09:10 PM

Welcome from Texas :-)

horseowner 03-13-2010 09:16 PM

Thanks for everyones kind welcomes!! I have JUST NOW been ADOPTED, no longer an orphan in the world of quilting...happy me!! Jacki/Jaclyn/JJ/ Jacqueline

horseowner 03-13-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Hi horseowner. Glad your here. I'm in Ritzville.
What shop is your favorite in Spokane.? ;-)

Ben Franklin in Cheney--I actually live near 4 Lakes, w/medical lake address--I go there to hang out and get advice from Mim(sewer, fabric dept head, and Sandy, quilter)

Will be trying out others, now that having a stash is a quilters MUST--not opposed to using a Joann's coupon for the right fabric, and have found a few quality cottons, at, dare I say it--Walmart north off of division-

The Quilting Bee is not really my cup of tea, but I heard there was a new quilting shop somewhere near Garland(not SewEZ2) that carries Amy Butler fabrics, etc--how about you?
JJ

Do

thequilterslink 03-14-2010 05:33 AM

Hi and welcome from NW PA. Great site here, sure you will find lots of inspiration and help, i have.