Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-t199268.html)

JustJeanne 09-01-2012 09:16 AM

Hi

I am new here, thought I would introduce myself.I am Jeanne. I live in Southwestern Wisconsin, best place around in my humble opinion.

Widow, Husband passed away a year and 1/2 ago, miss him every day. Have 3 grown Daughters, who all have significant others (Boyfriends or Husbands) are all 3 happy, healthy, have jobs, etc. I couldn't be happier about my Daughters. I have 1 Grandson who is the light of my life, funny, and cuter than cute. Wish my Husband was here to enjoy him, he was born after my Husband passed away.

I am recently retired, after my Husband passed away, I just didn't want to go to work any more, stuck it out almost 2 years and decided it was time to stay home and enjoy my life. I quilt, do alot of hand stitching, embroidery, applique, wool applique, hand dye wool, make journals from scratch, pretty much anything that is stitching or sewing connected I will give it a try. Everyone always told me I would enjoy retirement but no one told me I would be busier than I was when I worked full time. I volunteer at the Local Library and the Humane Society and babysit for my Grandson and try to get some sewing time in there sometimes too. I have a friend who is working on turning her cheese factory into her "Studio" so I am helping her with that too. Not good with hammer and nails but am good at dragging stuff out and helping put it back together :)

I am constantly entertained by my little Rat Terrier Dandelion and my big lab Bruiser, also have 3 cats that are pretty independent, but the dogs are definitely my Shadows. Especially Dandelion. Also 4 horses, 1 morgan/paint, 1 breeding stock paint, 1 quarter horse and the queen of the ranch an arabian mare who keeps the 3 "boys" in line.

I think that is my life in a nutshell. Nice to meet everyone and hope to get lots of ideas here. :) Going to check out the site and see if I can figure out how to post some of my quilt pics somewhere. :)

JustJeanne

QuiltnNan 09-01-2012 09:21 AM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

Neesie 09-01-2012 09:25 AM

Howdy and welcome, from Texas! :)

anothernancy 09-01-2012 09:40 AM

Welcome, I am below Fond du Lac. You will LOVE this wonderful family of quilters. They are so helpful and I have learned so much from this board. I bet we will see your quilt inspectors! Mine is my sticktight (calico) she loves the sewing room the best!

Janet L52 09-01-2012 10:48 AM

Hello Jeanne, welcome from northern California! You will enjoy it here. We would enjoy seeing some of your quilt pictures!

Joset 09-01-2012 02:12 PM

welcome from North Dakota

barny 09-01-2012 02:19 PM

Welcome from Dallas Tx. area. Sorry you lost your love. It must be half of your self gone. I hope you can find peace and comfort. Your being busy will keep you on track. Sounds like you have some 4 legged children to look after too.

JudyA7124 09-01-2012 02:26 PM

Welcome from Glendale Arizona.

NikkiLu 09-01-2012 03:45 PM

Welcome from the Sho-Me state - I have been to Wisconsin and thought that it looked just like Missouri.

JustJeanne 09-01-2012 07:11 PM

where can I post pictures? I haven't figured that out yet.

Another Nancy~~~~~~~I am from over by Dodgeville :) close to the Mississippi River, The Wisconsin River, Blue Mounds State Park, Governor Dodge State Park, about 1/2 hour from Madison (just far enough away) about 1 hour from the Baraboo Bluffs, 1 hour from Galena IL. Great Quilt Shops around the area too. Are you going to the Quilt Expo in Madison this week? DEFINITELY THINK I AM BLESSED TO LIVE HERE.