Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi There from NE Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-there-ne-ohio-t93030.html)

pumpkinpatchquilter 01-23-2011 04:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks as though I should post here first! ;) I am a 29 year old stay at home Mommy to two little girls, with my third little girl due at the end of April or early May this year. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember and quilting for about 6 years and am totally hooked. I love all types of quilts but tend to gravitate towards primitive quilts for decorating. I do venture into contemporary quilting but I never know what to do with them because they completely clash with the decor in my home! I especially love designing quilts in electric quilt, and I would love to do something with my quilts some day be it teaching, maybe selling a few...I tried my hand at pattern writing but I don't think I'm at a point in my life where I can commit the time required to it. So I'm just here having fun quilting. ;)
Since I'm home with my children, a job that is difficult but I love, I don't get to see people as much as I'd like! So I rely on forums like this to connect with other quilters - and boy oh boy what wonderful quilters I have met! ;) I look forward to meeting people, learning and sharing here!

Here is a quilt top that I am currently working on...it's still missing it's borders but I'm getting there! I used a trapunto technique I just learned about with invisible stitching on the center star, which was applique'd with fusible web. I tried piecing it about a dozen different ways and finally decided Steam a Seam was the least frustrating way to go!

tomilu 01-23-2011 05:03 AM

Welcome from Kansas. What a beautiful job you have done! Love the color combo!!

lauriejo 01-23-2011 05:09 AM

Hello and welcome from another Buckeye! Love the quilt top.

pumpkinpatchquilter 01-23-2011 05:11 AM

Thank you tomilu, I stopped over to your blog, what a beautiful treadle you have as your header. Are you an old sewing machine collector? ;)

pumpkinpatchquilter 01-23-2011 05:11 AM

Thank you lauriejo - so excited to see another person from Ohio! I see you are in Cuyahoga Falls - my Brother in Law lives there. I hear there is a good quilt shop in that area, is that true?

erstan947 01-23-2011 05:23 AM

Welcome from Louisiana! Love your work in progress. Be sure to let us see the finished product:)

Lori B. 01-23-2011 05:24 AM

Nice Quilt top! Welcome from Michigan.

cjk 01-23-2011 05:25 AM

Welcome, love the quilt!

NorBanaquilts 01-23-2011 05:42 AM

Great Quilt! Welcome!

lauriejo 01-23-2011 06:32 AM

Stitch Piece & Purl is in Cuyahoga Falls, but it's not my favorite. But I really like the Polka Dot Pincushion in Richfield and The Spiders Web Fabric store in Mogadore. And of course A Piece in Time in Akron.