Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hope to meet alot of friends. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hope-meet-alot-friends-t18.html)

Estella 11-18-2006 03:05 PM

Hi, My name is Estella. I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I've got 3 children and 5 grandchildren and another on the way in Feb. I'm married and have been handicapped since 2001. I have time on my hands (when 9 brothers and sisters are not calling on the phone) so I'm trying to learn to quilt from books and TV shows. Hope to meet alot of friends even if we don't always talk about quilts.

Victoria 11-19-2006 12:06 PM

Hi - My name is Victoria, I am 68 years old; 4 children and 2 grandchildren. I have been hooked on quilting for past year and a half. Get most of my guidance from a church friend who only hand sews quilts. Have made 4 but would like to move on and experiment with machine sewing top -- trouble is I am terrified!! Ordered a book on it recently and hope to receive it soon and I will get up nerve to put it under a machine needle after I have spent time cutting and putting it together!! Dont know why my registration isn't listed on board either. [email protected]

diana.fink 11-19-2006 01:18 PM

Hi Estella and Victoria. My name is Diana and I am soon to be 62. I have 4 daughters and a son and 11 grandchildren. I live in sunny San Diego and have been quilting for about 14 years now. I take lots of classes whenever I can (I still work full time) and I use my quilting to relax. I do not assemble my quilts by hand but I do a lot of hand applique and hand quilting. I even prefer it to using my machine. I belong to 3 guilds and an applique group. Don't let the machine terrify you, if you make a mistake, you can always correct it. Just remember that the Amish who are professional quilters put an error in their quilts on purpose to make them unique. Have fun quilting and ask lots of questions here, you will get lots of help. That is one thing about quilters, they love to help.

yvette 12-18-2006 07:29 PM

:lol: You'll never guess who this is. Yes your right it's me lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-o :D what are these symbols?

Estella 12-18-2006 08:09 PM

Yvette, your guess is as good as mine. . I'll email you later.

Misty56 12-23-2006 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Estella
Hi, My name is Estella. I'm from San Antonio, Texas. I've got 3 children and 5 grandchildren and another on the way in Feb. I'm married and have been handicapped since 2001. I have time on my hands (when 9 brothers and sisters are not calling on the phone) so I'm trying to learn to quilt from books and TV shows. Hope to meet alot of friends even if we don't always talk about quilts.

Estella I sent you a pm......Misty

diana.fink 12-23-2006 01:26 PM

Welcome, Estella. This is a great place to meet new friends and also get some wonderful information and/or advice on quilting. The folks here are the mose t helpful ones I've been connected with. They never hesitate to share info or patterns and I have learned a lot from them. Again, welcome. Diana :D

blackberryhill1 01-05-2007 03:00 PM

:)

Hi Diana:

I have been facinated with the Amish and have visited the Amish area of PA many,many times and have also read many books on the Amish. The real reason they put a mistake in each quilt is that they believe nothing they make can be perfect - only God is perfect.

My quilts are never perfect - so I don't have to purposely put a mistake in them - lol.

Mary

barberette 01-21-2007 08:36 PM

hi all, gosh i learned something here allready..i didn't know that the amish put a mistake in their quilts on purpouse..being i'm kind of a new quilter, mine have lots of mistakes (i'm my biggest critic) lol, so now i wont feel so bad... ;-)

Neva Jones 01-22-2007 01:55 PM

I to would like to make new friends I have beem a quilder a long time I live in OKLAHOMA I have 5 children 10 GC 23 GGc and 2 GGGc so I have alot to quild for I like all kind of quilting love ro have some one to talk to about quilts NEVA