Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Howdy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/howdy-t4459.html)

wtexpricklypear 02-09-2008 02:07 PM

I am from West Texas and love fabric! I aspire to be a quilter!!! I was recently RIFFED and took it very badly after 12 years with the company now that I am finally "healing" I find that for the first time in a long time I am having time to do what I have longed to do for a very long time!!! I have dusted off my machines and plan to finally work on my projects.

I have a "needy" husband and 2 dogs that think they are more important than my fun :-) I am waiting on software so I can begin the Dear Jane quilt. Are any of you working on one? I am also "hand quilting" a cheaters quilt in order to learn how to hand quilt. I am amazed that we all use our machines and I don't see much hand quilting done any more. In searching the web "quilting" always points me to "piecing" and the quilting seems to be glossed over. Anyway, when I was growing up all my grandmothers and mom and relatives, everybody, made tortillas. The supermarkets began making them and now no one makes them anymore. It's an art that died -- I remember my great-grandmother hand quilting when we went to visit her and that's how anyone that knew her remembered her. With practice I hope to develop to her skill level.

Of course, I plan to learn how to machine quilt as well!!! I have tons of plans and just hope that I will have the time and energy to complete the most important ones!!!

Regards, and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

eliza

live2teach 02-09-2008 02:10 PM

Hi Eliza and welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll find it very helpful and friendly here. I'm sure you'll even learn quite a bit here. If you have any questions, comments or pictures...feel free to post them! WELCOME! :)

tia sarah 02-09-2008 02:13 PM

eliza,welcome to the board. i make real tortillas here at home for my family. but i've never hand quilted. all ways used my machine to quilt my quilts down.

newquiltertoni 02-09-2008 02:20 PM

Welcome aboard.

MiMi DeeDee 02-09-2008 02:20 PM

Howdy back to you, Eliza! :lol: Welcome to the board! You will love it here! Everyone is Soooooo supportive and nice. :) :) :)
MiMiDeeDee

bj 02-09-2008 03:07 PM

Hi Eliza. Welcome from the South Plains. There a few of us on here from Texas.

sandpat 02-09-2008 03:46 PM

Welcome Eliza! I think that you might find that a lot of us hand AND machine quilt. I hand quilted my 1st quilt and have hand quilted a couple more since then..( I just started to learn to quilt in 06). I like doing it both ways...some designs seem to just call for hand and some just tell me they want to be machine quilted. Both ways are fun

What is a Dear Jane quilt? Can you tell I'm still a newbie?

hannahsmom 02-09-2008 07:54 PM

welcome this is a great group

Shadow Dancer 02-09-2008 09:38 PM

Hi Eliza,

Welcome! :) It's nice to meet you :)

henryparrish76 02-09-2008 09:51 PM

Hi Welcome Aboard. Everyone is friendly and helpful here. :) See ya around sometime.