Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Husqvarna Viking Rose (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/husqvarna-viking-rose-t164078.html)

lkuzmin 10-29-2011 04:08 AM

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I live in Massachusetts. I have a Viking Rose and the other day it kept telling me that my presser foot wasn't down when it was. I took it to be checked out and was told that the sensor was gone. Instead of ordering a new sensor they bypassed it and it seems to have done the trick. Has anyone else had this problem?

Susie Quilter 10-29-2011 04:09 AM

Hello and welcome from the Arkansas Ozarks.
Happy quilting.

Lori B. 10-29-2011 04:11 AM

Welcome from Michigan.:)

donnajean 10-29-2011 04:12 AM

I had that problem when I 1st got my Viking Rose in 96 or 97. It became a known defect after being in for repair 3 times in several months. My machine was replaced in 97 after they resolved the issue.

Originally Posted by lkuzmin
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I live in Massachusetts. I have a Viking Rose and the other day it kept telling me that my presser foot wasn't down when it was. I took it to be checked out and was told that the sensor was gone. Instead of ordering a new sensor they bypassed it and it seems to have done the trick. Has anyone else had this problem?

lkuzmin 10-29-2011 04:22 AM

Hmm. I wonder if I could get mine replaced.

donnajean 10-29-2011 04:28 AM

Are you the original owner? I'm surprised you did not have the problem sooner. I was doing a lot of quilting back then as I retired when I got my machine in 1996. Mine was still under warranty & I made a lot of phone calls & letters to - I think it was Sue Hausman - who was in charge back then. I was also working - teaching quilting - for a Viking dealer.

Hmm. I wonder if I could get mine replaced.

lkuzmin 10-29-2011 04:34 AM

I bought mine in 1999 and have never had a problem until now. The dealer I bought it from no longer exists. It runs fine now but I just hoping it continues to.

dkabasketlady 10-29-2011 04:41 AM

Welcome from Florida!!
I'm glad that you seem to have your sewing machine problem fixed!

donnajean 10-29-2011 04:47 AM

Unless it was a leftover or something, the machines manufactured in 1999 should not have had the problem. I had to wait for them to create a fix before I could get my replaced & that was in 1997. You might call Viking & see if they can tell you when your machine was manufactured.

I bought mine in 1999 and have never had a problem until now. The dealer I bought it from no longer exists. It runs fine now but I just hoping it continues to.

hobbykat1955 10-29-2011 05:05 AM

I bought an "open stock" SE in 07...Well, the last few mths she started sewing backwds...UGH...all kinds of porblems with circuit bd...She's being shipped to Viking in TN for repair Est $700+....double UGH....