Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   To introduce myself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/introduce-myself-t99.html)

Bev 11-22-2006 06:17 AM

Hi: My name is Beverly. I live in Florida, where it's 45 degrees right now and we're shivering! I'd like to introduce myself, and get started on this forum. I own 2 Janomes. One is brand new, I just got it for my birthday 2 weeks ago. The other is my little Jemmy that I take everywhere with me. I love quiltmaking. I used to sew clothes and things, but not much anymore. There's just so much time in each day.
Today is a very busy day for me, I imagine that's true of most of us. So I'll hop back later.
Bye for now.
Bev :-)

Butterflyspain 05-09-2008 12:14 PM

A Warm Welcome Beverely, from Elle in Spain.
See you have a Janome, lovely machine. Just got a Brother Innovis 1200 it does embroider and feel very happy to have it, waited a long time., started with an old treadle machine a Singer and with the new one, (i am still fascinated) I can set it up to embroider and walk away and make a cup of tea. Not been quilting long only 8 months but really hooked on it.

Regards Elle (you will love this site, everyone is just so helpful)

Izy 05-09-2008 01:06 PM

Welcome Beverley, I too live in Spain, not far from Elle we are members of the same guild over here.

You will have a ball here oh and you will learn lots too, please post pictures of your work, we all love to see everyones projects :D :D

quiltwoman 05-09-2008 01:18 PM

Welcome Bev. I used to live in Florida, many years ago. Loved it.
Hope you enjoy the board. Lots of great ideas and I don't live in Spain.
:D
Julie

tlrnhi 05-09-2008 05:21 PM

Welcome and Hafa Adai from the shakin island of Guam! :)

DA Mayer 05-09-2008 05:23 PM

You are going to love this site, it is so much fun. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Elizabeth A. 05-09-2008 07:06 PM

Hi Bev, don't know where you are to have 45 degress in Florida. We're in Florida as well and I don't have to get up to know that even at 11pm my thermostat is reading 90~ :)

I'm looking at the date of your post and it says Nov. 2006, can that be correct? No wonder you were cold! Well here's a warm welcome anyway.

Izy 05-10-2008 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
Hi Bev, don't know where you are to have 45 degress in Florida. We're in Florida as well and I don't have to get up to know that even at 11pm my thermostat is reading 90~ :)

I'm looking at the date of your post and it says Nov. 2006, can that be correct? No wonder you were cold! Well here's a warm welcome anyway.

Elizabeth - My friend Elle is trawling back through time.....and has revived an old post....!!!! :lol: :lol:

10 outa 10 for observation....the rest of us didn't notice tee hee!!!!!! :D

mary705 05-10-2008 02:18 AM

Welcome Bev, another Floridian here, and maybe in November around 45*, which for us, is very cold.

sondray 05-10-2008 02:09 PM

Welcome Bev! Glad you've joined us.

Sondra