Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   It's time to say hello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/its-time-say-hello-t1436.html)

Annie 07-14-2007 10:24 AM

Hi all. I've been setting here reading threads almost 3 hrs now so thought it only right to post an intro and say hi. This is a great message board.

Being a new quilter I'm grateful to all of you who share your information here. Books are great but it really helps to hear tips from ppl who have actually been there done that.

I've taken two quilting classes. The first was a beginners nine patch and made a small lap quilt that I love dearly. The second class I took was a Tenness Waltz. I have the top completed and am in the process of quilting it.

Wish I could post pics of them but I don't own a digtital camera. My grandaughtertells me that my computer doesn't have the capability of doing digital pics. I'm not sure she knows what she's talking about. My computer is only about three years old so I find that hard to believe. Anyway she says I don't have a digital thingy in my computer to plug a camera into.

Ok I'll stop here. Don't want you all to get tired of me before I even start hitting the reply button. :lol:

isnthatodd 07-14-2007 11:16 AM

Welcome. We don't ever get tired of hearing from fellow enthusiasts :lol: And if your computer doesn't have a USB port, you can get an adaptor relatively inexpensively at an office supply store or computer store. That's what I had to do with my old computer, and it works great. Also allows you to use a flash drive to save stuff in case of a crash.

SandraJennings 07-14-2007 11:51 AM

Helo there Annie. Glad you joined us. Get your coffee, your quilt and needle and pull up a chair...we love to chat while we quilt. :D

ShellyQ 07-14-2007 12:52 PM

Hi Annie nice to meet you. Your grandaughter probably means you don't have slots for camera memory cards, but as long as you have a USB port you can connect a camera to your computer. This computer that I bought second hand, so is bound to be at least 3 years old, has them. They are not the high speed ports, but still work, just a bit slower :) .

Anyway welcome aboard, don't be shy, I haven't been here long myself and have found everyone to be so friendly and helpful :)

ccbear66 07-14-2007 12:59 PM

Welcome from Missouri. You don't have to have a digital camera to post pictures. You can use a regular camera and when you have them developed have them also put on a cd. Or if you have a scanner you can just scan a regular pic. Another option is to have someone else take pictures with their digital and email them to you. We would love to see some of your work and we are looking forward to hearing more from you.

ceannastahr 07-14-2007 08:01 PM

Welcome as you have already seen everyone here is very helful and some are good with the computer thingys. This is definately the friendlist place there is. .

Don't forget to check out or BOM there is never any pressure you do which ones you want and then you can post on pic page if you choose.

We would love to see your pics as soon as you figure things out.

My grandchildern tell me things everyday about my computer hope to someday as smart as they are about this stuff.

vicki reno 07-16-2007 11:12 AM

Welcome. Glad to have you. You'll love this site. It can't be beat as far as meeting nice, helpful people!

kathy 07-16-2007 11:56 AM

and digital cameras are getting pretty cheap now soon maybe everybody will have one and we can see what everybody is doing. We love pictures, welcome to our world.
kathy

ceannastahr 07-16-2007 12:35 PM

Last week I got one of the $14 dollar keychain digital for granson to take on a trip did about 200 pictures came out nice can downloard camera right to the computer. I was realy suprised at how easy it was. Might be just the thing for taking quilt shots

loreeye 05-27-2010 08:51 AM

Hello All. So glad to be here. but I am not savy to computers. so I need for someone to help me with finding the place on here to TYPE in my Intro and also respond to, and post to mesage ... help please