Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Lots of quilters with dogs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/lots-quilters-dogs-t72552.html)

Gabrielle's Mimi 10-26-2010 11:51 PM

I love reading everyone's posts and have noticed that lots of quilters are using their dogs as their avatars. How many dogs do you have and where are they when you quilt? I belong to a rescue group for Australian Cattle dogs and have 2 sweeties. One of mine is always at my feet when I quilt or when I am on the computer, to the point where I am tripping over him. But I'd miss him if her were anywhere else.

mmonohon 10-26-2010 11:59 PM

I have two border collies (one is a rescue) and they are always trying to help me quilt or trying to get up in my lap.

Sadiemae 10-27-2010 12:38 AM

I have one black miniature poodle, Molly.

Antdebby1 10-27-2010 01:16 AM

I have 3 "kids". 2 Basset Hounds, Bobb & Bogie and a Border Terrier, Phredd. At least one of the boys is always by me in the sewing room. All 3 like to "help".

sewTinker 10-27-2010 01:45 AM

I have a german shepherd. Phisher. (My son named him after the band, Phish.) He's over 14-years-old now; long-lived for a GSD. He has cataracts, and is deaf; but, his hips are good. He is sweet natured, with a big bark - i.e., the perfect protector. Although, his deafness no longer allows him to hear door bells, voices, etc... He sleeps a lot, so people can come and go and he doesn't stir. lol... He is, and has always been, my shadow.

quilt-fanatic 10-27-2010 02:10 AM

We have a black Morkie (Maltese and Yorkie) who is 'adopted'. He thinks he owns the house and watches me sew - from a distance.

dogsgod 10-27-2010 02:28 AM

I have a toy fox terrier and a schnauzer/wire dachsund/miniature pinscher mix. My toy fox terrier has a blankie on my sewing table where he sits and looks out the window while I sew, My other dog prefers to lie in the basket of fabric waiting to be ironed!

Short an Sweet 10-27-2010 02:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We have 3 girls, the oldest is a black Lab named Molly, she just showed up on our doorstep, then we have Dueces, she's a Poodle mix, we got her from a neighbor the weekend we got home from Vegas (can u guess my favorite game) and the newest is Sara, she is an Akita, she belonged to my son's family and when they seperated, my grandson called and said " Please grandma don't let them give Sara away. So I ended up with a 3rd dog who also just happened to be pregnant (had 7 puppies, found good homes for all)

watterstide 10-27-2010 02:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gabrielle's Mimi
I love reading everyone's posts and have noticed that lots of quilters are using their dogs as their avatars. How many dogs do you have and where are they when you quilt? I belong to a rescue group for Australian Cattle dogs and have 2 sweeties. One of mine is always at my feet when I quilt or when I am on the computer, to the point where I am tripping over him. But I'd miss him if her were anywhere else.

Good Morning! i have 2 rescues..one JRT (Gizmo) who is about 12, and a JRT/Beagle (Chula) who is 5, and a witch! She pounces on him all the time, he wishes he was back to being an only child.
(our Rotty,Babe was a rescue also, got her the same time i got Gizmo,when they were puppies, but she passed at 7)
i got Chula about 4 months after Babe passed.

Chula
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101841[/ATTACH]

Giz
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101850[/ATTACH]

SuziC 10-27-2010 02:54 AM

I have three Big ones...one shepard, one akita mix and my big boy is a 180lb newfie. They cannot go into my sewing area! i WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE AROUND IF THEY WERE IN THERE.