Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New to here and quilting (I hope men are allowed!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-here-quilting-i-hope-men-allowed-t19952.html)

Eddie 05-10-2009 05:52 PM

I'm new here, and to quilting as well, so thought I would introduce myself. As my topic title says, I hope men are allowed here, since I am one. :) I'm 48 years old, live in Arkansas, and have always loved quilts, so finally decided to dive into the hobby. My wife is an avid machine embroiderer, and my oldest daughter (19) loves to sew, so I have set up our basement as a sewing room for all of us to use. We each have our own workspace and machines - I purchased mine last week and it is a Brother Innovis NX-650Q "Quilt Club" machine. I'm learning on it, and quickly saw that there is a lot to learn! :lol: I finally picked out an easy quilt to begin on, and purchased my fabric and supplies today and have it all washed and dried now. Soon I'll start cutting and piecing and we'll see what comes from it.

Thank you all for help with what I may ask, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can and giving back when I can.

Regards,
Eddie

quiltnut4ever 05-10-2009 05:58 PM

Welcome Eddie from Florida! Male or female, all are welcome, we love pics!

Moonpi 05-10-2009 06:00 PM

Welcome Eddie. There are some great creative men on the site. We'll be gentle with you - ask Genghis Khan. :D

tlrnhi 05-10-2009 06:06 PM

Of course men are welcome!
It's great to see that men enjoy this as much as women!

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!

Make sure you show pictures....WE LOVE PICTURES!!!

mgshaw 05-10-2009 06:34 PM

Welcome Eddie, from Oklahoma!! What part of Arkansas are you from? My mom lives down by Mineral Springs and I have an Aunt and Uncle between Paris and Magazine. :D

CajunQuilter2 05-10-2009 06:38 PM

Welcome Eddie, I am fairly new to this board myself & have only been quilting about a year. I did not sew at all before starting to quilt. I have the same Brother machine you have. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

Jim's Gem 05-10-2009 06:39 PM

Welcome Eddie, from Southern California. We have several men on this forum and really enjoy the great work they have shared with us!!!

dvseals 05-10-2009 06:54 PM

*Waves* From Iowa :)

adyldrop 05-10-2009 07:55 PM

Welcome from NY! Sounds like you have a good start and an awesome family. Maybe your wife and daughter are gonna wanna join in the fun too?? :roll: What pattern did you pick out by the way? And Terri's totally right---we LOVE pictures!

b.zang 05-10-2009 08:07 PM

You know, you can be whomever (or whatever) you want and we'll all believe you. We're a pretty honest bunch, though, so appreciate your open maleness.
And, of course you're a quilter or this site wouldn't appeal, so WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

I'm a Canadian friend from the western edge of the continent (BC) in the middle of the province. Lots of outdoors and not many quilt shops.
Have fun with your first quilt and be sure to take a picture of it when you're finished. That piece of advice comes from someone who learned that lesson the hard way.