Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Salutations! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/salutations-t208689.html)

erstan947 12-19-2012 09:20 AM

Welcome from Louisiana:) I'm happy you have joined us!

gzuslivz 12-19-2012 09:48 AM

Welcome from Western Washington. You will find great people, inspiration and encouragement here. Thanks for sharing some of your quilts. They are very pretty. Is the first one done in wool?

MissSongbird 12-19-2012 12:09 PM

The black one? Nope, it's all cotton.

Lori S 12-19-2012 12:25 PM

Welcome from the suburbs of Chicago! good to have you here with us! Nice quilts , hope to see more of your work.

QuiltnNan 12-19-2012 07:49 PM

welcome and happy quilting

SueDor 12-20-2012 02:58 AM

Hi from Ohio! You have some great quilts there!

J Carol 12-21-2012 04:08 AM

Beautiful work! Welcome from Adrian, MI

Lakeview Quilting 12-21-2012 07:16 AM

Hello, welcome from Oklahoma!!!

JaneAustenFan 12-25-2012 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by MissSongbird (Post 5726825)
Hi everyone! My name is MissSongbird, or Mariah.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a history studentat the University of Toledo. My favorite thing to study is military aviationespecially from World War II. World War II history is my history love. When I'mnot at school, working, or quilting, I'm ballroom dancing. I joined theschool's ballroom team on a whim last year and now most of my free time isspent on it. I can't even explain how amazing I feel when I dance. I love it somuch! If you're at all interested, my favorite dance is Tango.

Now about quilting. I've been quilting for about 4 to 5years now. I love mixing modern styling with traditional patterns. But I alsolove using retro patterns (like 1940s blocks). Although I haven't had much timeto work on my quilts lately, I am a part-time volunteer for my local Quilts ofValor (meaning I rarely go to meetings but I work on quilts when I can).<o:p></o
Here are pictures of my latest quilts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382847[/ATTACH]

I just made this one a few months ago for my now ex-dancepartner/ ex-boyfriend. Yeah...I can only imagine what you are thinking. Istarted making it when we were dance partners, continued it when we were justfriends (he was my best friend actually - this was after we were done dancing),then when we became a couple, and I finished it after he broke up with me. Itlived through all our stages. We were still good friends for a couple monthsafterward, but then all of a sudden he no longer talked to me and he didn'twant to dance with me (the worst thing he could do). Anyway, I ultimatelydecided he no longer deserved it so now it keeps me warm at night. I love it sohopefully someday I'll share it with someone who actually deserves it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]382848[/ATTACH]
I started this quilt years ago and I've been working on itlittle by little. The pattern is "Comfort Quilt" from the book"Victory Quilts" by Eleanor Burns. I adore that book. It is so me!
<o:p
[ATTACH=CONFIG]382849[/ATTACH]

This is one of the last quilts I've made for Quilts ofValor. It's pretty basic.</o

Hello and welcome from the UK. Your quilts are just great! The picture you posted of the last quilt- where did you get the pattern from? I would love to make this. Anna Marie

Moonglow 12-26-2012 02:26 AM

Hello and welcome from Australia. Your quilts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.