Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: rural iowan

Blog Entries
    Welcome to this great group!

welcome from se TX -- do any of the handquilters from your group email??- I really enjoy emailing and chatting with my quilting buddy where we vent and share and just chat (the weather is a big topic!!)
    diane

Consider this board another 'member of the family' - lots of great folks who are caring, kind, and willing to listen to your troubles. Having quilting to fall back on in troubled times really took my focus off those things I couldn't change and folks who were unkind to me and helped me to use my creativity to make things for others who could enjoy them and be thankful. Turn a negative into a positive using your quilting.

The hand quilters are all in my grandmother's age group 70+ and not very tech savvy. (not that you can't be tech savy at any age). I recall a conversation with my grandmother after I joined facebook and someone said I should have photos of my quilts there.

"Grandma I need to visit to photo the quilt so I can put it on Facebook, since you don't have a digital camera, or e-mail, and can't facebook send it to me" as she is on facebook.

"I have a digital camera, and an e-mail address, but I have no idea how to attach a file and send it. While you're here could you teach me?"

So 120 miles, a tank of gas, a lightbulb, and a few weeks later...I finally got the picture. Spent the weekend going over how to download pictures from camera, how to name files, and folders, how to use web camera, how to scan, how to print what you've scanned downloaded, how to attach files, how to upload files to facebook.

It was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed every moment.

Welcome from OHIO! I'm sure you will find new friends here and probably some wise advice as well.
    Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!

Blog Entries
    Hello, welcome from Nevada!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Shelly welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

Howdy from Oklahoma! Welcome to the Board. You have reached sanctuary! There are no quilt police here and no judgements, all quilts ART. Everything is going to be alright. So glad you've joined us. Here's a sisterly hug!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Welcome from S CA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast