Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips & Tid Bits

After quilting, my next love is collecting tips and bits of information relating to quilting. Just any type of little tip that may help in the smallest way, sometimes turns out to be a "big" time saver, or makes the light come on for someone like me, very slow at times. I would love to have any of your tips you are willing to share.
    Thanks, Pam in WV

No tips that I can think of, just wanted to welcome you to the board.

Rose Hall
    Lynchburg, VA

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome :D :D :D There are loads of tips sprinkled throughout this board :wink:

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Tips? hmm tidbits? hmm
    nope nothing comes to mind right off the bat but I'll get back to you if something pops up :)

Blog Entries
    Hi Pam Welcome from Iowa

I like to use the little blue seam ripper( I get them at Walmart) because the tip is smaller than most and I do miniatures. Well they were always rolling off onto the floor or they were hard to hold so I taped one onto an emory board. Works great. I now have a larger handle with a small tip to get into those seams and rip them out! And it doesn't roll anymore! The handle that is on them(the blue part) is only 1 1/2" long. You are supposed to stick that part into the cap but I never liked how that felt in my hand. This works so much better for me and I used a hole punch and punched a hole in the end of the emory board to hang it with.

Blog Entries
    Greetings from Sacramento CA.

Do you already have a boat load of tips, or are you starting fresh?

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Hi Pam Welcome from Iowa

I like to use the little blue seam ripper( I get them at Walmart) because the tip is smaller than most and I do miniatures. Well they were always rolling off onto the floor or they were hard to hold so I taped one onto an emory board. Works great. I now have a larger handle with a small tip to get into those seams and rip them out! And it doesn't roll anymore! The handle that is on them(the blue part) is only 1 1/2" long. You are supposed to stick that part into the cap but I never liked how that felt in my hand. This works so much better for me and I used a hole punch and punched a hole in the end of the emory board to hang it with.
    I like the fine/narrow bladed nail scissors - they really work better than the seam rippers for me.

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana! Lots of info here!

Junior Member QuiltingWithMissy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    No tips that I can think of, just wanted to welcome you to the board.

Rose Hall
    Lynchburg, VA
    I am wondering do you use EQ to design your quilts? I have EQ and noticed a lot of your designs look like theirs.
    Just wondering.

Blog Entries
    Hi, and Welcome from SW Michigan!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Are you making a "Tips" book? I bought a 3 ring binder and put my tips in it. One day it will be a great beginner book for someone.
    Excellent tip, Loretta!! I'm going to start one! I write things, or print them off, then have no idea where I put them! lol!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast