Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Welcome to all Quilters >

Welcome to all Quilters

Welcome to all Quilters

Old 11-29-2006, 04:58 AM

Wow, Pat! You are a busy lady! I am Nancy, from WI. I work full time as a baker, and bakery manager......am busy also. I have two sons, one of which is serving our country now in Afghanistan. (please keep him in prayer!) That is the reason I started this little hobbie.......to ease my mind! It has helped some! I hope that we can communiocate some. My quilt teacher is 75 and I have gleaned a bountiful amount of info from her! I love to learn, and suck things up like a sponge. God Bless you..and keep on quilting! We younger ones need the influence that only our elders can give! Nancy
Old 11-29-2006, 04:35 PM

Hello Everyone, my name is Kim and I live in the northern suburbs outside of Philadelphia, PA. I took a beginner's quilting class last winter and loved it. So much so that I went crazy buying material for all different kinds of quilts and I haven't picked it up since. I finished the top part of the quilt but I'm not sure how to bind the layers now. This part is intimidating to me so I keep putting it off. I'd like to get over this hurdle so I can continue on and make another one. I live a very busy life right now with working full time and going to school part time. But I should graduate by next summer and hopefully that's when I'll really be able to get into quilting more. I love looking at new patterns and getting idea's and hopefully I'll be as talented as some of you ladies are.

Kim
Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM

Hi Kim...I did something similar to you, I took a beginning class in Jan. '06....but my teacher turned out to be a very good friend who really took me nder her wing.........so I have been doing allot of table runners, and even some olders.....I mean, i can use so many quilts. This has given me experience in quilting, not a huge expense ( all of the time), yet it is fun giving out personal gifts. Keep on keeping on....maybe go a little smaller in your projects, IF the quilt thing gets a little over-whelming! It isn't as scary :roll: Nice to meet with you, Kim!! Nancy :D
Old 12-01-2006, 10:31 AM

Hi, I am now making my third quilt having taken classes from adult ed at the local high school. I live in a very small town in DownEast Maine. I am 56 and retired from nursing to move to the coast. I live with my husband and two dogs. Since last January my daughter and 2 year old granddaughter have also lived here. My quilting time has been drastically cut since their move!
I hope to begin doing applique also as I saw some great framed pieces for sale at a local craft show. I live quite a distance from most places so will enjoy all the help I can get online.
Any inspiration you can give me will be appreciated
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 PM

HI ......when I saw your post, you caught my eye IMMEDIATELY!! I have kids in Lewiston, Maine!! Let's keep in touch!
I am a 54 year old baker, bakery manager for a grocery store across the border in MN. I live in WI......with husband and 2 weiner dogs! My kids are in Maine, one sone actually is now in Afghanistan, he is with the reserve unit out of Augusta! Small world! Blessings! nancy
Old 12-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Hi, We moved down to this area from Lisbon Falls which is right next to Lewiston and I worked at St. Mary's Hospital (now St. Mary's Regional Medical Center) in Lewiston from 1977-1996! Our son bought our LF house and he works at Bowdoin College in Brunswick Maine. I know Lewiston well and have quite a few friends who still live there. I've always been connected with the area of Maine that we live in now as my family had a summer place here. We bought our land in 1993 and planned on retiring here full time. My husband retired from teaching and I worked a couple years longer to save up so we could move here full time. We live about 3 hours from Lewiston now.
It would be great talking with you. Sounds as though we have more in common than just quilting!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:57 AM

Hi there, I'm from downeast Maine also. I've been quilting for about 4 years and love it. I work part-time at a school (as a baker) and have been married for 13 years and have a 12 year old son. (we also have 3 older boys ranging from 33 to 27) the 27 year old is ober in Iraq for a third time so know what some of you are going thru. God Bless them and keep everyone safe.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM

Welcome Virta!!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:26 PM

hi newbies! One other suggestion not mentioned yet is to fill out your profile. The link is on the top section between chat and bookmarks. That way, we can tell where you are from without digging through old posts. It has room for anything else you'd like to share.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Welcome, I am fairly new and it is a fun place to roam. BTW, check at the top of the page for "private messages". It took me some time to realize this on another forum. :oops:

piney